What's new

Businesses today / Customer Service? (1 Viewer)

Colton

Supporting Actor
I'm fuming! :angry: My wife and I wanted to get a bid on having our balcony built and made an appointment with a local business that we have had do some landscaping for us in the past and they did good work. We set up an appointment for someone to come out and take a look at the project and give us an estimate on Saturday between 9am - noon. Noone came. I made several calls to the business and got their voice mail. Left several messages. At 2:30 pm - someone calls. He says, "We're just too busy to come out. How about next week?" - I said, "Forget it." and hung up.

What is it with businesses today to treat potential customers this way? I guess some companies just make too much money to really care about new clients. Very frustrating!

- Colton

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I had a gutter company come out and give an estimate. They called once a week for weeks. We liked their price but wanted to finish up our inside work of the addition first. Called them to schedule and gave a $100 deposit, now I can't get a call back for scheduling.

That's why I prefer to do everything myself, beats dealing with nitwits.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I had to have some major electrical work done on a house I was selling a few years ago so I called one company and set up an appointment for them to come by and take a look. They never showed or answered their voice mails so I called another company and had them come out and do the work. Two days later the first company called back to let me know that they would come by later that week. When I told him that due to time constraints I went with someone else the guy on the phone started cussing me out. They had never even shown up to provide an estimate much less been offered the job. I just don't trust anyone to provide decent service these days from mom & pop operations on up to the major chains.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Called a locksmith to fix a problem with my office door this morning. He said he'd be here this afternoon. One o'clock e arrived, fixed the problem in about 15 minutes and said "no charge"...catch you next time.

Mort (living on the sunny side of the street today :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks