What's new

Bummer... I got a hummer ?? (1 Viewer)

DeanQ

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the RCA-155 mini amp. My coworker here told me how to fix the humming sound. I havent tried it yet but I will this week. He is very experienced in everything home related. He says the humming is coming from not having a ground on the rca mini amp. There are 2 fixes. A) Use a cheater plug on our samson amp.(which what u guys already said) Making it a 3-prong power plug into a 2-prong power outlet. Which is dangerous according to my friend. B) Open up the rca mini amp. Remove the exsisting power cable. Not sure if its screwd in or soldered in. Either way remove it if its by screws or take your soldering gun and remove it. Next get an old computer/monitor power cable or go to home depot / ace hardware and pick up a new power cord which is a 3-prong plug. This new power cord will have 3 wires inside. Hook up the 2 wires as before but then use the additional ground wire and screw that into the metal chassis of the rca mini amp with a screw and the humming sound will go away according to him. He is an electrician, so he said that should work. I will try this out this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks