What's new

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's amazing that someone, somewhere, thought these two things were "close enough".

1595609155919.png
1595609180670.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BUGS BUNNY 80TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
FEATURING 60 CLASSIC THEATRICAL SHORTS ON DIGITAL AND BLU-RAYÔ
WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A COLLECTOR’S GIFT SET
THAT INCLUDES A FULL-SIZE GLITTER FUNKO FIGURE
ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020
FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Three-Disc Collection Features 60 Shorts Along with Bonus Content
Including 10 Episodes of Looney Tunes Cartoons,
A Documentary and Collectible Memorabilia

BURBANK, CA (July 24, 2020) -- Eh, what’s up Doc? It’s Bugs Bunny’s 80th anniversary! Warner Bros. Home Entertainment invites you to celebrate that wascally wabbit’s milestone anniversary with the release of Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection, a gorgeous collector’s set featuring 60 theatrical shorts on Blu-ray Ô, plus a full-size Bugs Bunny glitter Funko figure. Available in stores on November 3, 2020, Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection will also include a Digital Copy of the 60 original theatrical shorts, a new documentary, 10 episodes of the Looney Tunes Cartoons - the new HBO Max series produced by Warner Bros. Animation - and an introductory letter from animation historian Jerry Beck. Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection is priced to own at $74.99 ($89.99 Canada).

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection will be available to own on Digital for $39.99 SRP in the US and $49.99 SRP in Canada on November 3, 2020.

Bugs Bunny, one of animation’s most recognizable characters, first hopped onto the screen in 1940 and he’s been a pop-culture icon ever since. More than eight generations have enjoyed the timeless antics of the carrot-munching wise guy who always outsmarts his rivals. Cartoons, movies, TV, comics, music, sports and more – this wascally wabbit has done it all. Clever pranks and one-liners are here, along with interviews with today’s most renowned animators, historians and superstars. Enjoy the full range of his silly and smart-alecky personality with 60 theatrical shorts restored and remastered to the original 4X3 aspect ratio on Blu-rayÔ for the first time. It’s just what the doctor – er, doc – ordered.

Some of the best and most beloved theatrical shorts from Bugs Bunny’s illustrious career are featured on Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection. This compilation contains a variety of memorable works, by some of the most renowned animators in cartoon history including Bob
Clampett, Chuck Jones, Robert McKimson, Friz Freleng, Tex Avery and others. Included are Academy AwardÒ-nominated/winning shorts such as A Wild Hare and Knighty Knight Bugs. Other popular favorites include Baseball Bugs, Hair Raising Hare, Bugs Bunny Rides Again, 8 Ball Bunny, The Rabbit of Seville, What’s Opera Doc? and much more. Fans will be captivated watching the evolution of the look and sound of Bugs Bunny’s character through this set of classic shorts that spans several decades, starting with early works from the 1940s, to cartoons which debuted in the 1990s.

“Bugs Bunny is one of the most beloved, iconic cartoon characters in pop culture history. He has delighted generations of fans for 80 years. We have put together a beautiful collection with a wide-ranging assortment of cartoons that celebrate Bugs Bunny’s incredible body of work,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President Family & Animation Marketing. She added, “Fans of all ages will want to own this eye-catching collection, which commemorates Bugs Bunny’s landmark anniversary with some of his most popular cartoons presented in high definition and also contains some fun extras, like a full-size glitter Funko figure, exclusively available in this giftset. This is a release no collector will want to miss.”

Bonus Content:

• New Documentary: Bugs Bunny’s 80th What’s Up Doc-umentary!
  • 10 Looney Tunes Cartoons episodes

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection
Featured Cartoon Shorts
Disc #1:

1.Elmer’s Candid Camera
2.A Wild Hare
3.Hold the Lion, Please
4.Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
5.Super-Rabbit
6.Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk
7.What’s Cookin’ Doc?
8.Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears
9.Hare Ribbin
10.The Old Grey Hare
11.Baseball Bugs
12.Hair Raising Hare
13.Racketeer Rabbit
14.Bugs Bunny Rides Again
15.Haredevil Hare
16.Hot Cross Bunny
17.Hare Splitter
18.Knights Must Fall
19.What’s Up Doc?
20.8 Ball Bunny

Disc #2:

1.The Rabbit of Seville
2.Rabbit Every Monday
3.Fair Haired Hare
4.Rabbit Fire
5.His Hare Raising Tale
6.Hare Lift
7.Upswept Hare
8.Robot Rabbit
9.Captain Hareblower
10.No Parking Hare
11.Yankee Doodle Bugs
12.Lumber-Jack Rabbit
13.Baby Buggy Bunny
14.Hare Brush
15.This is a Life?
16.Rabbitson Crusoe
17.Napoleon Bunny-Part
18.Half Fare Hare
19.Pikers Peak
20.What’s Opera, Doc?

Disc #3:

1.Bugsy and Mugsy
2.Show Biz Bugs
3.Hare-Less Wolf
4.Now, Hare This
5.Knighty Knight Bugs
6.Hare-Abian Nights
7.Backwoods Bunny
8.Wild and Woolly Hare
9.Bonanza Bunny
10.People are Bunny
11.Person to Bunny
12.Rabbit’s Feat
13.From Hare to Heir
14.Compressed Hare
15.Prince Violent
16.Shishkabugs
17.The Million Hare
18.The Unmentionables
19.False Hare
20.Blooper Bunn

Digital
Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection is available to own on digital November 3, 2020. Digital ownership allows consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and others.
The Basics

Street Date (US & Canada):​
November 3, 2020​
SRP (United States):​
$74.99 (BD)​
SRP (Canada)​
$89.99 (BD)​
Running Time:​
420 min. approx.​

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
BUGS BUNNY 80TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION
FEATURING 60 CLASSIC THEATRICAL SHORTS ON DIGITAL AND BLU-RAYÔ
WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A COLLECTOR’S GIFT SET
THAT INCLUDES A FULL-SIZE GLITTER FUNKO FIGURE
ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020
FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Three-Disc Collection Features 60 Shorts Along with Bonus Content
Including 10 Episodes of Looney Tunes Cartoons,
A Documentary and Collectible Memorabilia

BURBANK, CA (July 24, 2020) -- Eh, what’s up Doc? It’s Bugs Bunny’s 80th anniversary! Warner Bros. Home Entertainment invites you to celebrate that wascally wabbit’s milestone anniversary with the release of Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection, a gorgeous collector’s set featuring 60 theatrical shorts on Blu-ray Ô, plus a full-size Bugs Bunny glitter Funko figure. Available in stores on November 3, 2020, Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection will also include a Digital Copy of the 60 original theatrical shorts, a new documentary, 10 episodes of the Looney Tunes Cartoons - the new HBO Max series produced by Warner Bros. Animation - and an introductory letter from animation historian Jerry Beck. Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection is priced to own at $74.99 ($89.99 Canada).

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection will be available to own on Digital for $39.99 SRP in the US and $49.99 SRP in Canada on November 3, 2020.

Bugs Bunny, one of animation’s most recognizable characters, first hopped onto the screen in 1940 and he’s been a pop-culture icon ever since. More than eight generations have enjoyed the timeless antics of the carrot-munching wise guy who always outsmarts his rivals. Cartoons, movies, TV, comics, music, sports and more – this wascally wabbit has done it all. Clever pranks and one-liners are here, along with interviews with today’s most renowned animators, historians and superstars. Enjoy the full range of his silly and smart-alecky personality with 60 theatrical shorts restored and remastered to the original 4X3 aspect ratio on Blu-rayÔ for the first time. It’s just what the doctor – er, doc – ordered.

Some of the best and most beloved theatrical shorts from Bugs Bunny’s illustrious career are featured on Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection. This compilation contains a variety of memorable works, by some of the most renowned animators in cartoon history including Bob
Clampett, Chuck Jones, Robert McKimson, Friz Freleng, Tex Avery and others. Included are Academy AwardÒ-nominated/winning shorts such as A Wild Hare and Knighty Knight Bugs. Other popular favorites include Baseball Bugs, Hair Raising Hare, Bugs Bunny Rides Again, 8 Ball Bunny, The Rabbit of Seville, What’s Opera Doc? and much more. Fans will be captivated watching the evolution of the look and sound of Bugs Bunny’s character through this set of classic shorts that spans several decades, starting with early works from the 1940s, to cartoons which debuted in the 1990s.

“Bugs Bunny is one of the most beloved, iconic cartoon characters in pop culture history. He has delighted generations of fans for 80 years. We have put together a beautiful collection with a wide-ranging assortment of cartoons that celebrate Bugs Bunny’s incredible body of work,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President Family & Animation Marketing. She added, “Fans of all ages will want to own this eye-catching collection, which commemorates Bugs Bunny’s landmark anniversary with some of his most popular cartoons presented in high definition and also contains some fun extras, like a full-size glitter Funko figure, exclusively available in this giftset. This is a release no collector will want to miss.”

Bonus Content:

• New Documentary: Bugs Bunny’s 80th What’s Up Doc-umentary!
  • 10 Looney Tunes Cartoons episodes

Featured Cartoon Shorts
Disc #1:

1.Elmer’s Candid Camera
2.A Wild Hare
3.Hold the Lion, Please
4.Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid
5.Super-Rabbit
6.Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk
7.What’s Cookin’ Doc?
8.Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears
9.Hare Ribbin
10.The Old Grey Hare
11.Baseball Bugs
12.Hair Raising Hare
13.Racketeer Rabbit
14.Bugs Bunny Rides Again
15.Haredevil Hare
16.Hot Cross Bunny
17.Hare Splitter
18.Knights Must Fall
19.What’s Up Doc?
20.8 Ball Bunny

Disc #2:

1.The Rabbit of Seville
2.Rabbit Every Monday
3.Fair Haired Hare
4.Rabbit Fire
5.His Hare Raising Tale
6.Hare Lift
7.Upswept Hare
8.Robot Rabbit
9.Captain Hareblower
10.No Parking Hare
11.Yankee Doodle Bugs
12.Lumber-Jack Rabbit
13.Baby Buggy Bunny
14.Hare Brush
15.This is a Life?
16.Rabbitson Crusoe
17.Napoleon Bunny-Part
18.Half Fare Hare
19.Pikers Peak
20.What’s Opera, Doc?

Disc #3:

1.Bugsy and Mugsy
2.Show Biz Bugs
3.Hare-Less Wolf
4.Now, Hare This
5.Knighty Knight Bugs
6.Hare-Abian Nights
7.Backwoods Bunny
8.Wild and Woolly Hare
9.Bonanza Bunny
10.People are Bunny
11.Person to Bunny
12.Rabbit’s Feat
13.From Hare to Heir
14.Compressed Hare
15.Prince Violent
16.Shishkabugs
17.The Million Hare
18.The Unmentionables
19.False Hare
20.Blooper Bunn

Digital
Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection is available to own on digital November 3, 2020. Digital ownership allows consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and others.
The Basics

Street Date (US & Canada):​
November 3, 2020​
SRP (United States):​
$74.99 (BD)​
SRP (Canada)​
$89.99 (BD)​
Running Time:​
420 min. approx.​

Lumber-Jack Rabbit is included? If it was in 3-D I would buy the set.
Lumber.gif

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
20.Blooper Bunny is not one of the classic cartoons. I like it and am glad it was included but that was the one with the Bug's 51 and 1/2 Anniversary. Elmer using Minoxidil hair restorer and Daffy flushing a toilet etc. 19.False Hare was the last of the classic Bugs cartoons.

I will be looking for store exclusives or foreign releases which might have the disks by themselves.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This was probably included in an earlier set but I am surprised it wasn't included in this set.
Red Riding Hood was voiced by Bea Benaderet, who latter was the first voice of Betty Rubble, Kate on Petticoat Junction, Blanche on Burns and Allen, and Cousin Pearl on the Beverly Hillbillies. Also the first voice of Granny on Warner Bros cartoons.

Last edited:

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
Pops are some of the biggest collectibles around. By the box and take the Pop to your local comic or collectibles shop. As an exclusive, it should be in high demand. I'm sure that someone will take it off your hands. It's a pretty minor quibble to make about what looks like a pretty fantastic box set.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
I'll start by being positive: there are new restorations. That's great. However many there are. But for me I was done with "best ofs" when we switched from VHS to DVD. Never picked up the Super Stars in part for this reason, nor the Platinum Collections. I'm still on the Golden Collections. If they happen to put out the complete Bugs someday, which looks likely to be coincidence as much as intention with this creative direction, I might bite. But I'm not a casual fan. This isn't for me, but I'm happy for those who will enjoy it.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
$75.00 ??? :eek::oops::huh: I have No use for that Ugly Figurine. Also there are Favorite Bugs shorts of mine that are NOT included. ?:( ?? I will just get The Flintstones Bluray Set.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'll still be waiting for a definitive Bugs anthology. May be a long wait. I can't understand why the famous 'Rhapsody Rabbit', an acknowledged animation classic, is still missing in action. At least I have it on DVD.

Reactions: PMF

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'll still be waiting for a definitive Bugs anthology. May be a long wait. I can't understand why the famous 'Rhapsody Rabbit', an acknowledged animation classic, is still missing in action. At least I have it on DVD.

WB has to save stuff for the other anniversary sets to come in the future.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"Person to Bunny" released in 1960 was the last cartoon where Elmer Fudd was voiced by Arthur Q. Bryan. Per Wikipedia he died in November 1959, 5 months before the cartoon was released.

Here is a clip from a cartoon where Arthur Q. Bryan is voicing both Elmer and a tired business man. He uses his actual voice as the business man.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I enjoyed the Comic Con panel today and look forward to the set in November.
i agree with the comments on the funk, looks terrible- might put mine in the garden!!!
The PQ of the cartoons at the panel looked outstandin.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Grabbed my pre-order from Amazon for the time being though I’m waiting to see if BullMoose will be carrying it as I’m sure they will be since I’m a bigger fan of their packaging and there quicker in shipping. Not a super fan of the Funko and wish they would’ve just kept it Funko free as it looks nothing like Bugs or none that I’m familiar with in my almost 30 years of watching Bugs. The Scooby Funko didn’t look super great but was better than this

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks