What's new

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Of interest only if they at last deign to release in HD the classic 'Rhapsody Rabbit' from 1946, still unseen on Blu ray.
James Agee spent most of a column in "The Nation" on that cartoon when it was released in 1946. One of the greats, and copied shamelessly by Hanna & Barbera's "The Cat Concerto" which won the Oscar the following year.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Here's the talk. 20 that are representative and seen before. 40 that have been remastered.

November 3rd!

The release date is 3 days before my 65th birthday. Maybe I'll buy myself an early birthday present.

Watched the whole show. They talked me into it. I knew this would happen.

Looks like a labor of love! With George Feltenstein, Leonard Maltin, and all the others involved, how can you go wrong? (Don't answer that!)

After all, I've been buying these box sets for the last 35 years.... Why stop now? (Don't answer that either!)

I suppose the Daffy Duck Box o' Junk set will be next.

"I'm rich! I'm wealthy! Yahoo! I'm comfortably well-off! I'm socially secure! A happy miser..." :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have the dvds and 2 of the Blu-rays.

Have a feeling the new to disc shorts will be less then ten shorts.

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Here's the talk. 20 that are representative and seen before. 40 that have been remastered.

November 3rd!

Well, that seems to answer my earlier question about “remastered” vs. “restored.” The clip from What's Cookin' Doc? looked fantastic, including the live-action excerpts from the 1937 A Star Is Born. Would that we could see all of that one looking so good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Well, that seems to answer my earlier question about “remastered” vs. “restored.” The clip from What's Cookin' Doc? looked fantastic, including the live-action excerpts from the 1937 A Star Is Born. Would that we could see all of that one looking so good.
The Restored Shorts look Great ! Not interested in that Figurine of Bugs. :rolleyes:.... Just the 3 Blurays ! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Restored Shorts look Great ! Not interested in that Figurine of Bugs. :rolleyes:.... Just the 3 Blurays ! :)

Warner will be forever famous for their Box-O-Junk line

I have no interest in that Bugs Bunny figurine (which looks horrendous, BTW)

It may be better just waiting it out a year for a lower-priced repackaging which often occurs with over-inflated sets like these

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Warner will be forever famous for their Box-O-Junk line

I have no interest in that Bugs Bunny figurine (which looks horrendous, BTW)

It may be better just waiting it out a year for a lower-priced repackaging which often occurs with over-inflated sets like these

I agree about the Bugs figurine. It looks like something you'd find in a Dollar Store! I know people change as they age, but Bugs is timeless. Hopefully they got the rest of the things that matter correct.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree about the Bugs figurine. It looks like something you'd find in a Dollar Store! I know people change as they age, but Bugs is timeless. Hopefully they got the rest of the things that matter correct.

Exactly. When I saw it, I was like, "What the hell is that?!"

I wouldn't want to display that on my shelf.

If they had really put some thought into providing a more realistic, professional Bugs Bunny figurine I would not have scoffed at its inclusion.

But that thing is just ugly

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I thought per the Comic Con panel it was 20 previously released on blu ray classics Bugs like "What's Opera, Doc" and 40 new to blu remastered Bugs cartoons. All from pre 1964, when Warner Brothers shut down their in house animation studio. They also said that if you had this set plus all the previous Looney Tunes on blu sets that you would have almost all of Bug's cartoons (pre 1964) on blu ray. I am sure once they announce which cartoons are on this set someone will look everything that is on blu and determine which Bugs cartoons are still missing.

One of the cartoons to be included is <"What's, Cooking, Doc" half of which are clips from previous cartoons. Here is a clip .

Last edited:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert

And if we do, Warner will interpret that as a lack of interest in classic animation and we may never see any more.

I wish WB wouldn't put us in this position with overpriced non-collectibles.

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
By my count, there are 51 Bugs Bunny shorts on the Platnium Collection Blu-Ray's, and another 60-something that were restored for various DVD's but aren't on Blu-Ray.

A perfect 80th anniversary set would have everything, racially insensitive cartoons and all (with appropriate disclaimers). But if they couldn't do that, they could have at least stuck every existing restoration on here. As it stands, tons of cartoons are going to be stuck at DVD resolution or are on the OOP Platinum Collections. And if you want the "new" shorts only, you're going to be paying a premium for a smattering of those, double dips and a worthless (and ugly) Funko.

And this is just the programming. Who knows what kind of horrors WB has in store for the cartoons in terms of DNR, grain removal, compression and all that.

And if we do, Warner will interpret that as a lack of interest in classic animation and we may never see any more.

Classic animation fans have done their part. The Popeye and Tex Avery discs are some of the WAC's best sellers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks