What's new

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
bugsbunny80th.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
If all of the Bugs Bunny shorts are included, I’ll be interested- seems that videos in the past always left out at least one.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
If all of the Bugs Bunny shorts are included, I’ll be interested- seems that videos in the past always left out at least one.

I read on another forum that this set will have 60 shorts, some that will be brand new to home video. The information comes from Comic-Con website.

Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Extravaganza

• 4:00pm PT session
  • Take a trip through eight decades of laughs and carrots when WBHE presents an all-encompassing look at one of the world’s most beloved and recognizable stars. Three current voices of Bugs Bunny — Billy West (“Space Jam,” “Futurama,” “Doug”), Jeff Bergman (“Tiny Toon Adventures,” “Our Cartoon President”) and Eric Bauza (“Looney Tunes Cartoons,” “Muppet Babies”) — join “Looney Tunes Cartoons” executive producer Peter Browngardt, movie historian/author/TV personality Leonard Maltin (“Entertainment Tonight”), animation historian/author Jerry Beck (“Animation Scoop”), and Warner Archive Senior Vice President George Feltenstein to discuss Bugs’ history from theatrical shorts to Saturday morning cartoons and the new HBO Max series. Plus, get in-depth information about WBHE’s release of the Bugs Bunny 80th Anniversary Collection, 60 specially remastered classic Bugs Bunny cartoons, some of which have never before been released, coming to Blu-ray™ in fall 2020. Actress Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community,” “Avengers: Endgame,” “DC Super Hero Girls”) will moderate.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
We are watching through the 6 volumes of the Loony Tunes Golden collection, on DVD of course, and are at the end of Volume 4. This is the first time I have re-watched these since they came out. I find no need to upgrade these to Blu at all. The quality is outstanding. Also, they are a bit mind numbing. After entire discs devoted to each character, showing 90 minutes to 2 hours of cartoons which lets face it are not so different from each other, we have had enough.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I don't think it will be all of them since some of the wartime shorts are among the "Censored 11."

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I wish this was going to be a WAC project rather than something from WHV. Maybe then we'd get a complete or near-complete set like their Porky Pig set. Or even a multi-volume set like Kino did with its Pink Panther collection would be good.

And if they aren't going to include at least 100 of the 160+ shorts, it would seem to me that the obvious count for an 80th anniversary collection would be 80 shorts and not a mere 60.

Considering that many of these 60 will be re-releases and not new-to-disc and the new-to-disc items almost certainly won't be any with supposedly controversial elements, I'm not sure this will be worth getting. But I'll take a wait and see attitude about buying it rather than saying absolutely no to it. Still, this is a lost opportunity. A truly complete Bugs Bunny collection of the theatrical shorts would have been a treasure.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Back in 1991 I bought this LD box set for around $100 (about $180 adjusted for inflation).

1.jpg

2.jpg

$75 dollars in 2020 would be worth about $40 in 1991. We pay a lot more for many things these days, but for home entertainment (including physical media and related hardware) we're getting more quality for less money than I ever imagined possible!

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Does "remastered" mean they're transferred from existing composite elements, as opposed to the restorations from original successive-exposure negatives that they had been doing?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Back in 1991 I bought this LD box set for around $100 (about $180 adjusted for inflation).

View attachment 75887

View attachment 75888

$75 dollars in 2020 would be worth about $40 in 1991. We pay a lot more for many thing these days, but for home entertainment (including physical media and related hardware) we're getting more quality for less money than I ever imagined possible!

Companies really devalued their shows in the DVD era, and streaming made them virtually worthless to the average consumer, who now expects everything under the sun for the price of a Netflix subscription.

Of course, I was cool with the early DVD prices of $119.99 for a season of Star Trek TNG. So when $20 per season became the norm for virtually everything, I was thrilled.

Of course, this has nothing to do with Bugs. I believe the official SDCC panel is about a half hour from now so we get to see what goes along with the box 'o junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks