Bryston SP-1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Mohrmann, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

The following report from CES states that there is a Bryston SP1.7:
    http://www.guidetohometheater.com/shownews.cgi?1198
    Does anybody have more information than is provided in this report, like when the SP1.7 will be available, and when an upgrade for the SP1 to the SP1.7 will be possible?
    Thanks,
    Michael

2. Michael D

Michael D Stunt Coordinator

The SP 1.7 is supposed to be available in March, received an e-mail from James Tanner confirming this. All current SP-1s will be able to be upgraded for the difference in the retail price, 500 USD. It will include new dacs, 7.1 processing and 5 channel analog passthrough for SACD and DVD-A. No video switching will be available.

3. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

"The SP 1.7 is supposed to be available in March, received an e-mail from James Tanner confirming this. All current SP-1s will be able to be upgraded for the difference in the retail price, 500 USD. It will include new dacs, 7.1 processing and 5 channel analog passthrough for SACD and DVD-A. No video switching will be available."

Wow, if the 500 USD is true, that represents an excellent value for the money! I had heard that the SP1.7 was going to cost around 4700-4800 USD retail, which is about 1000 USD higher than the SP-1 price. If I decide to go with the Bryston, I should get one now, and pay for the upgrade later.

Thanks {he says with fingers crossed}!

Michael