What's new

Bryston 4B SST (1 Viewer)

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I currently have a 6BSST which is the same thing but 3-channel. I am now using it on the center and surrounds (picked up a 14BSST) but did use it on the front 3 channels for several mos. Have also previously owned the ST series (4BST and 120 power pacs), Proceed, Adcom, Rotel, Nad, Carver and about 4 or 5 others. Very smooth. Lots of effortless power. A big improvement over the old ST series. Add that to Bryston's customer service and unbeatable warranty it is hard to find anything to pick on. I've heard the 4BSST against far more expensive amps as well. You may also wish to look at http://www.audiocircle.com./ under the Bryston owner's area for comments and other information.

Felix_H

Stunt Coordinator
Pros: SST is better than ST
Cons: Pricey

I had a 4B ST. Great power for what you pay. Sound is very good. Tried the SST and seems much more refined.

Get one used. Better deal that way.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I agree with getting them used. I got both of my current amps with less than 1 yr. use and over 19 yrs. left on the warranty. I don't necessarily think they are any pricier than some of the other things I have bought new, certainly not cheap though compared to the more entry level stuff.

EricKH

Agent
Hi have the 4bsst / bp-20 compo driving paradigm ref 100 v2's using and arcam fmj-23 cdp. It is a great combo. The amp is very detailed and yest smooth. It has plenty of reserves for the paradigms. I also run my direct tv through the combo in stereo. It excells there as well. It is a killer amp. I directly compared it to a 4bst and the sst was much better. The st sounded harsher and not as musical to my ears

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I own a 4BSST to power a pair of Paradigm Signature S8.

Clean, transparent, plenty of power, nearly impossible to clip, build like a tank, unbelievable customer services, and the best warranty of the industry.

Do you no any other product with a 20 years warranty?

They know how to build an amp, that's why they put that warranty.

Dennis. I see you are a canadian. For us, with the prices up here for Bryston products, it's really a no-brainer.

I did pay LESS for my brand new and shiny 4BSST then americans are paying for a used 4BST!

Don't wait. Run for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks