What's new

Bryston prices in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Daneel

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone tell me the list price for a 4B SST in Canada and how much I might expect to pay on the street?

I have a cousin who is asking me to visit him and I thought I might as well pick up a bargin while I'm there.

Also, how much for a mint 2nd hand 4B ST? Would it be possible to have Bryston convert it for 220/240V operation? Any idea how much that would cost?

Any comments on how significant the improvement from ST to SST would also be appreciated.

Thanks

Daneel

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, am I right in thinking Bryston amps are cheaper in Canada that the US?

Shiu

Second Unit

May be not, years ago I found them (4B) in Hong Kong going for half the Canadian list price. I would have bought one but it was just way too heavy. I am not sure how much they are selling for now in Ontario, my guess is it will be around C$3K. You can call Bay Bloor Radio in Toronto and find out for yourself.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Well WendyS, you just bought H/K, so stuff must seem more expensive. :)

Canada's home to some great manufacturers: API (Energy, Athena, Mirage), Paradigm, and Totem on the speaker front, and Classé, Bryston, and Anthem on the power front (just to name a few of each).

One would expect prices here on those items to be lower, but then again, someone in the US may get a better deal from their dealer than the guy in Canada from his local dealer. YMMV, but I've heard Bryston is cheaper here.

HoiT

Agent
Daneel,

As far as I can remember, yes, list prices of Bryston gears are cheaper in Canada as compare to that in the US (includes exchange rate). So grab some when you are here. Also, remember to bargain with the dealers too. Should not be too difficult to get a 15% discount on the list price. Changing the transformer to 220/240V should be straight forward. A few years ago, before returning to Hong Kong, my friend sent his 3B ST back to Bryston to do exactly the same thing. The service was quite fast (service center is in Mississauga, very close to Toronto) and the cost was very reasonable (I do not recall the price) AND Bryston gave him back the 110V transformer too - telling him that when he moved back to Canada, just sent in the amp and transformer and they will change it back. Great service.

HoiT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks