What's new

Brothers and Sisters season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm loving the idea of a rebellious Rebecca causing all sorts of chaos in the Walker household.

Kitty hopped up on pain killers was a funny scene.

Food Fight!

It's gotta be time for Justin to go back to the war, anyway, right?

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I rather enjoy this show but, man, that food fight turning into laughter and then tears was pure cliche.

And the Justin/war scenario strikes me as obvious fodder for him to either die or at least come home horribly wounded and provide the family another huge source of angst.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I'm totally expecting for Justin's character to be written off the show.

And since he seems to be the only sibling to have gotten close to Rebecca, she's going to sink her claws in deeper.

Can we get of Peter Coyote's character already?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Why why why can this family NOT understand that if you tell someone something is "just between us," the entire clan will hear about it in the three minutes?

Sally Fields and Rachel Griffiths better be nominated for Emmy's this year. Hell, this might be the strongest group of female leads in any dramatic show in a long time.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately my wife's family is the same way, it's like I won't tell anyone, then in the midst of a conversation with another sibling of hers it pops right out with the line "you can't mention that it's a secret" :rolleyes. Good episode on Sunday the mistress is pretty pathetic though, she can't find her own way and she was first still holding on to a dead man that only came by and didn't really stay, then flirting with Sally's Character's guest/date.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
That scene between Nora and Holly was a winner. Talk about great acting. I have watched it a few time since. Love it.

I don't believe Justin is leaving the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hope Dave Annable was taking notes in his scenes with Sally Field because she was acting circles around him in the kitchen scene, but he was trying to keep up.

Robert's family is nuts. Who knew?

Kevin finding out he just jumped a minister was good for a laugh.

Justin's goodbye was good for a tear, even though the song playing in the background was a little too loud for the moment.

Rebecca's got issues, probably some absent daddy issues, given her story with wrecking another marriage (and subsequent suicide by the philandering husband).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great episode.

Liked the Sarah and Holly scene.
Don't particularly like the Kevin and Jason McCalister pairing. I think they should bring Scotty back.
Saul gay? Huh? Michael Nouri his gay lover?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The wife and I thought that was interesting also, clearly a closet gay man that might explain why he couldn't keep the relationship with his brother in law's mistress.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That really came out of nowhere didn't it? I am not sure it was necessary with an episode that was already overfull of storylines.

Is it me or don't you think McAllister's family would have been vetted before he ran for president?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

I thought that too about McAllister's family. I guess it was done here for comic effect.

The gay storyline with Saul was also out of nowhere! Interesting to see both Nouri and an hour earlier on Housewives, MacLachlan years after their pairing in the film, The Hidden.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Good catch. I thought of Flashdance when I saw him but not The Hidden.

I wonder if they just couldn't figure out what to do with Saul so they came up with this story?

[edit] I read in this weeks TV guide that they didn't know what else to do with Saul so they asked Ron Rifkin if he would do it (because that is not what he signed on for) and he said sure, why not.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Whatever the reasons with this Saul storyline, I don't like it. Magically appearing storyline that isn't what was designed for the character. I'll go along with it, but this Milo guy...eeeewww.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks