What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Broken floppy disk: any chance of recovery? (1 Viewer)

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Just a shot in the dark here: anyone have a miracle method for getting the data off this disk? I'm not holding out much hope, but you never know.

Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
That doen't look too bad. I thought that somebody had stepped on it or used it as a furniture caster! :)

The metal door is just a door. You should be able to copy it over after you pry the door off.

Glenn

Kris McLaughlin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply, Glenn.

The metal door is gone already, however the disk is still not recognized by the PC. I get the ol' "This disk is not formatted" routine. Doesn't look too hopeful but hey, I tried.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
There are data recovery services out there that will charge you through the nose to retrieve it... but it can be done. Do a search or look in the phone book.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
If the physical magnetic disk was damaged, then your pretty much out of luck aside from professional $$$$$ recovery services. How was the disk damaged?

I once had a disk go through the washing machine. I cracked open the disk, took the magnetic part out and let it dry(keeping it covered from dust). Put it back into another dry disk case. Ran Norton disk doctor on it and recovered all the files. Backed the disk up and then shitcaned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks