What's new

Brockmire (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Is the tale of a successful major league baseball broadcaster who had a meltdown in the booth after finding his wife having sex with half the neighborhood. Stacy and I just finished watching two episodes of this series staring Hank Azaria.
Amanda Peet co-stars as the owner of the very, very, very minor league team that Brockmire is now announcing for, 10 years after the breakdown. He's not broadcasting, there is no radio contract. He's just doing play by play for the dozen or so in the stands.

I admit to having lived a sheltered life so the amount of profanity, sex and overall disrespect for all that is decent shocked me. I loved it, I don't think Stacy shared all my enthusiasm. I kept thinking, holy shit, can they do that on basic cable?

Azaria speaks in a baseball announcers voice all the time, bat the ball park, having sex or beer, he speaks the same way. It sounds artificial, processed. About half way through the first episode, I forgot about it.

NOT for kids.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Once you get above the "Starter" level cable, you get a few channels that show unedited material. The XFinity "Preferred" level, which is the next step up from "Starter," includes IFC, MGM, and I think even Starz.

Anything that doesn't come with the cheapest packages is "an extra bucks channel," even if the extra bucks are baked into the package price. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks