What's new

Brinks Home Theater Package (1 Viewer)

Joe.P

Auditioning
Does anyone know anything about Brinks Home Theater package? I'm doing new construction and builder won't let me run my own wire(Brinks contracts for all security & home entertainment wiring).
They have a package that consists of 5 speakers & sub all pre-wired & installed. Does anyone know anything about the equipment they are installing? The other option is to pay too much for pre-wiring:frowning:
Also, for future expansion, how many wires should I run to the rear? Just an extra rear center, or will future systems have 2 extra rear speakers?

Glenise

Supporting Actor
I think Brinks is trying to pull a fast one.
You should be able to run your own home entertainment wiring.
Does home entertainment wiring mean cable wiring in this case?
I can't think of anything else they would need to run?
I would run two wires for the rear just to be safe.
When did Brink start installing speaker wires?

Ryan Witt

Agent
I would have to call BS on that one. Be persistent with your builder. Why wouldn't he want you to be happy? Surely he's not going to miss that much $$ if you pull your own wires.

Nick P

Second Unit
Also, for future expansion, how many wires should I run to the rear? Just an extra rear center, or will future systems have 2 extra rear speakers?
I'd run (and do have in my room) two sets of rear center wires. My Denon 3802 has two seperate amps for two center rear speakers. Helps to not localize the sound.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Joe,

Can you use another security company?
I sure would.
I'd show them!
If your builder has a website, email the owner of the company and see what they have to say.
Does everyone in the neighborhood have Brinks?
I'd start knocking on some doors and see who the other people are using!

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Seems like Brinks limits you to the kind of speakers you can have?
What if I want floor speakers and/or Klipsch or some other brand?
What if you want black speakers or a higher watt subwoofer.
I'm sure they probably charge an arm and a leg for the speakers and subwoofer.

Joe,
Did you find out anything yet?

Brian Corr

Supporting Actor
Is the room where you want to pre-wire accessable from above, where you could run your own wires after the house is built?
If not, I'd say either pay them to pre-wire or do it yourself.
I wouldn't pay for the Brinks system. It's probably overpriced and low quality.
If you pre-wire yourself, make sure you do it the night before sheetrock is to go in. Also make sure your runs are neat and properly fastened, so as not to be noticed. You want your work to look like it was done by a professional, so as not to raise any flags.
If your lucky, the sheetrock guys will get the room sheetrocked without the work you did being noticed by the builder.

Joe.P

Auditioning
Thanks to everyone for replies. I found that they intall a brand called M&S. I think I'll let them go ahead and just do the rear wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks