What's new

Bought A Receiver 2 Months Ago, Upgrade? (1 Viewer)

Lee M T

Second Unit
Hey all,

The subject line doesn't sound quite like it looks. :) I bought a Yamaha RX-V640 at Tweeter in late June. I believe I have 120 days where I can return it and get something of equal or greater value. Well, they are trying to push out thier remaining RX-V1300 stock and I can get one new for $549. Just $100 more than I paid for my 640. Should I do it? It does have all of the sound formats right? Digital-EX, DTS-ES Discrete? All that jazz correct? I'm diggin' the OSD, better DACs, and more power. :)

Thanks,
Lee

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
The Yamaha 1300 is a nice piece but it is just basically a bunch of added extra's. Nothing the 640 really doesn't have already, maybe the biggest thing you will notice is a more feature rich remote.

For the money it is a good upgrade but wether you want it would be your decision. Take a look at it in the store and just compare the two... It's a decision you will need to make yourself. Better remote, more video inputs/outputs and a few extra tidbits.

Lee M T

Second Unit
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I couldn't have gotten it even if I wanted it. Turns out my 120 days is only good for regular and sale prices, not clearance prices. :frowning: Oh well, I'm still real happy with my RX-V640. The rule makes sense anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks