Bought A Receiver 2 Months Ago, Upgrade?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Lee M T, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Hey all,

The subject line doesn't sound quite like it looks. [​IMG] I bought a Yamaha RX-V640 at Tweeter in late June. I believe I have 120 days where I can return it and get something of equal or greater value. Well, they are trying to push out thier remaining RX-V1300 stock and I can get one new for $549. Just $100 more than I paid for my 640. Should I do it? It does have all of the sound formats right? Digital-EX, DTS-ES Discrete? All that jazz correct? I'm diggin' the OSD, better DACs, and more power. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Lee

2. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

The Yamaha 1300 is a nice piece but it is just basically a bunch of added extra's. Nothing the 640 really doesn't have already, maybe the biggest thing you will notice is a more feature rich remote.

For the money it is a good upgrade but wether you want it would be your decision. Take a look at it in the store and just compare the two... It's a decision you will need to make yourself. Better remote, more video inputs/outputs and a few extra tidbits.

3. Lee M T

Lee M T Second Unit

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I couldn't have gotten it even if I wanted it. Turns out my 120 days is only good for regular and sale prices, not clearance prices. [​IMG] Oh well, I'm still real happy with my RX-V640. The rule makes sense anyhow.