What's new

Boo! (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
Anyone notice that kids seem to be putting less effort into the ritual of trick or treating. It seems like I get a lot of kids with pillow cases showing up at the door and a 'costume' that consists of basically nothing.
The little ones are very cute dressed up as pirates and and the like, but it seems that the older kids don't put the effort into the gross stuff like I remember.
Oh well, just means more candy for me on 11/1
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Anyone notice that kids seem to be putting less effort into the ritual of trick or treating. It seems like I get a lot of kids with pillow cases showing up at the door and a 'costume' that consists of basically nothing.
I'm proud to say that the older kids in my neighborhood put forth a lot of effort and are very enthusiastic. I've lived in the same house for twelve years, now, and they've grown up knowing that they'll get a good scare when they come by my house. I don't think they'd even consider stopping by without being properly dressed.

Great kids... It brings a tear to my eye every time I hear them scream.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
We make it a point not to be at home for halloween. Going out drinking and dinner tonight, would rather spend money on some dinner and drinks for myself than on candy that I have to give away.

LewB

Screenwriter

Everyone gets candy (even the slackers without costumes). It's cheap insurance to keep the egg monsters away.:wink:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
For the past couple of Halloweens my little sis has followed in my footsteps and just puts a sheet over her head with holes in it. I'm still the king though because my sheet had flowers on it. :laugh:

Gui A

Supporting Actor
Bah.
No one came by today. First time in years we have candy to give, and nothing!
Ohwell. I doubt they would have liked the Coffee Crisps we had.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I only answered the door four times last night, and nobody came at all after 8:00pm. Where have all the trick-or-treaters gone? I was going to give all the candy--a bowl full of little Snickers, Dum-Dums, and little Hersheys--to anyone who showed up around 9.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks