What's new

Press Release USHE Press Release: Universal Classic Monsters Icons of Horror Collection (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

universal_classic_monsters_icons_of_horror_collection_4k_tilted.jpg 4k.jpg

UNIVERSAL CLASSIC MONSTERS

ICONS OF HORROR COLLECTION

CELEBRATE NINE DECADES OF YOUR FAVORITE MONSTERS ON 4K FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME IN COLLECTIBLE PACKAGING

AVAILABLE ON 4K, BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL ON OCTOBER 5, 2021

FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

SYNOPSIS:
From the era of silent movies through present day, Universal Pictures has been regarded as the home of the monsters. Universal Classic Monsters Icons of Horror Collection showcases four of the most iconic monsters in motion picture history including Dracula, Frankenstein, The Invisible Man and The Wolf Man. Starring Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr. and Claude Rains in the roles that they made famous, these original films set the standard for a new horror genre with revolutionary makeup, mood-altering cinematography and groundbreaking special effects.

CLASSIC MONSTER FILMS INCLUDED:

1. Dracula (90th Anniversary)
  2. Frankenstein (90th Anniversary)
  3. The Invisible Man
  4. The Wolf Man (80th Anniversary)

HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT, INCLUDING:

1. The Road to Dracula
  2. The Frankenstein Files: How Hollywood Made a Monster
  3. Karloff: The Gentle Monster
  4. Monster by Moonlight
  5. The Wolf Man: From Ancient Curse to Modern Myth
  6. Now Your See Him: The Invisible Man Revealed

Universal Classic Monsters Icons of Horror Collection
will be available on 4K, Blu-ray™ and Digital.

• 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
  • Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
  • Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
  • The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.

DRACULA FILMMAKERS:

Actors: Bela Lugosi (Count Dracula), David Manners (John Harker), Edward Van Sloan (Prof. Abraham Van Helsing), Helen Chandler (Mina Harker), Dwight Frye (Renfield), Frances Dade (Lucy Weston)

Director: Tod Browning

Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr., Tod Browning

Screenplay: Garrett Fort

Based on the Work(s) of: Bram Stoker, Hamilton Deane, John L. Balderston

FRANKENSTEIN FILMMAKERS:

Actors: Boris Karloff (The Monster), Colin Clive (Dr. Henry Frankenstein), John Boles (Victor Moritz), Mae Clarke (Elizabeth), Edward Van Sloan (Dr. Waldman), Dwight Frye (Fritz), Frederic Kerr (Baron Frankenstein)

Director: James Whale

Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr.

Screenplay: Garrett Fort, Francis Edwards Faragoh

Based on the Work(s) of: Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, Peggy Webling, John L. Balderston

THE INVISIBLE MAN FILMMAKERS:

Actors: Claude Rains (Jack Griffin / The Invisible Man), Gloria Stuart (Flora Cranley), William Harrigan (Dr. Arthur Kemp), Dudley Digges (Chief Detective), Una O’Connor (Jenny Hall), Henry Travers (Dr. Cranley), Forrester Harvey (Herbert Hall)

Director: James Whale

Producer: Carl Laemmle, Jr.

Screenplay: R.C. Sherriff

Based on the Work(s) of: H.G. Wells

THE WOLF MAN FILMMAKERS:

Actors: Lon Chaney, Jr. (The Wolf Man / Larry Talbot), Bela Lugosi (Bela), Claude Rains (Sir John Talbot), Warren William (Dr. Lloyd), Ralph Bellamy (Col. Montford), Patric Knowles (Frank Andrews), Maria Ouspenskaya (Maleva), Evelyn Ankers (Gwen Conliffe)

Director: George Waggner

Producer: George Waggner

Screenplay: Curt Siodmak

Bonus Materials:​

“Dracula” (1931) Bonus Materials:

• Dracula (1931) Spanish Version with Introduction by Lupita Tovar Kohner
  • The Road to Dracula
  • Lugosi: The Dark Prince
  • Dracula: The Restoration
  • Monster Tracks
  • Dracula Archives
  • Alternate Score by Philip Glass performed by The Kronos Quartet
  • Feature Commentary by Film Historian David J. Skal
  • Feature Commentary by Steve Haberman, Screenwriter of Dracula: Dead and Loving It
  • Trailer Gallery
“Frankenstein” (1931) Bonus Materials:

• The Frankenstein Files: How Hollywood Made A Monster
  • Karloff: The Gentle Monster
  • Monster Tracks
  • Universal Horror
  • Frankenstein Archives
  • Boo!: A Short Film
  • Feature Commentary with Film Historian Rudy Behlmer
  • Feature Commentary with Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
  • 100 Years of Universal: Restoring the Classics
  • Trailer Gallery
“The Invisible Man” (1933) Bonus Materials:

• Now You See Him: The Invisible Man Revealed
  • Production Photographs
  • Feature Commentary with Film Historian Rudy Behlmer
  • 100 Years of Universal: Unforgettable Characters
  • Trailer Gallery
“The Wolf Man” (1941) Bonus Materials:

• Monster by Moonlight
  • The Wolf Man: From Ancient Curse to Modern Myth
  • Pure in Heart: The Life and Legacy of Lon Chaney Jr.
  • He Who Made Monsters: The Life and Art of Jack Pierce
  • The Wolf Man Archives
  • Feature Commentary with Film Historian Tom Weaver
  • 100 Years of Universal: The Lot
  • Trailer Gallery

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cool! I would have hoped they included Bride of Frankenstein. But maybe that’s coming in the next wave.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Guess they are saving THE MUMMY and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON 4K UHDs for a different collection. First time that's ever happened in a classic Universal Monster set like this.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
...so maybe set 2 would be MUMMY, CREATURE, BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wish The Mummy and Bride Of Frankenstein were included but I'll take what I can get. For the sake of completeness, I wouldn't mind if Phantom Of The Opera eventually came out but it's probably one of my least favorite Universal horror movies (especially given that they had a much bigger budget than a lot of their movies) so I'd rather see something else get released over it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Unless I hear of a massive image upgrade in these discs, I think my blu-ray set is fine.
Same here. I picked up Dracula on iTunes for $5, and will probably do that for Frankenstein if it hits that price point. Otherwise, I am fine with the BDs.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I guess they figured it was just cheaper to do it than way rather than design a new product configuration but yeah there was a fair amount of overlap between the monster sets bundled together to make the mega pack. I bought the monster sets individually and now can offer my dinner guests free copies of A&C Meet Frankenstein for the next six years :D

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The site that lists forthcoming German releases let the cat out of the bag around a week ago. Right now it's a pass from me, as the Blu-rays look amazingly good. I do now have a 4K telly & player, so it's only a matter of time before I buy my first 4K.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Some of you know where my stance with 4K is, but for these B&W classics form the 30’s and 40’s how is 4K going to improve the image quality? can’t you only improve something only so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks