What's new

Bones Season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Titan on the Tracks"

Bones is back for another season.

Episode synopsis:

Brennan and Booth investigate the site of a train wreck that includes the bodies of a senator and a high-profile businessman; a mystery unravels around one of the victims; Brennan meets her new boss; Booth encourages Brennan to visit her mother's grave.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea!

Glad to have this show back again. I hope they continue the quality.

I am sad to see: That the old boss is gone.

But I will wait to pass judgement. I always hate when they feel obligated to tweak a show even if it is working.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite feeling it for Cam yet, though I did like Booth putting Cam on edge w/r/t Bones' on-going assessment of Cam.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The article I read said that the reason they replaced Jonathan Adams's Dr. Goodman was that, while they loved the actor, they felt like they had to really shoehorn him into storylines. Their reasoning being that the head of the Jeffersonian wouldn't get involved in every case. They haven't ruled out bringing the character back, IIRC.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
is it me or are shows premiering their seasons sooner and sooner than the usual fall lineup?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Fox is doing this because a good chunk of their Fall is given over to the Major League Baseball play-offs, so they decided to get ahead of the buzz rather than wait until Halloween to bring in their new shows. Fox also has to run through some of their episodes early since American Idol and 24 will be returning and taking over a few time-slots in early 2007.

Coincidentally, NBC also happened to move the Emmys up by a few weeks to avoid conflicts with their new Sunday Night Football. Unfortunately for Fox, their only show that stood to get a bounce from the Emmys was 24, which they are not premiering until this winter.

Regards,

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
what'd everyone think of s2 opening? the bit with the father is gonna be one of those "i was trying to protect you" story threads =). deep conspiracy. bones is a safe show... i don't think they'd ante things up by potraying the father as a baddie.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I will be giving the new boss another episode before I pass judgment. They did a good job making her the bad guy at first, but ended the episode with he being ok. I am curious what they are going to do with her character.

The bit where she got mad because the guys were experimenting was over the top. They are scientists. They are supposed to experiment. Anything that might lead them to a clue should be fair game. You can't restrict them.

But, the season opener was ok. Felt good to see the gang again. even if they did get funny nicknames. LOL

Did they actually say how it is everyone except Bones knows the new boss? Is because they worked for her in the past, or because she has been there a couple of weeks?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
The point was, and they expressly pointed it out, that the new boss is concerned with proving cases in a court of law while Bones is concerned about 'the truth.'
In Bones' world, anything and everything that leads to discovery should be pursued. In the boss' world, and in the 'real' world where the administration of justice depends on the competence and rigor of the investigation unit is crucial, farting around making cadavers out of spam and bone meal [or whatever they composed the bones out of] and experimenting on them, turns them from an authority to some kind of cable access Bill Nye the Science Guy farce.
Her point was, when the defense counsel cross-examines them and asks "so, you based all of your conclusions on setting fire to spam? And there's literature supporting this methodology? No? So the practice has been peer reviewed? No?" their case is sunk. And their reputation from there on out.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The problem is, they did learn something important by doing this experiment. They determined that the fire must have burned longer than it should have. This is evidence. I guess I am on the "truth" side. I think that if you trust our courts, you have to not be afraid of the truth. That sounds so naive, doesn't it. LOL

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
They determined that, if their amalgam of spam and bone meal approximates a human body, the fire might have burned longer.
They haven't determined, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty, that the amalgam approximates the human body sufficient to underlie a hypothesis.
Therefore their hypotheses and all subsequent hypotheses become suspect, and the visual itself of a spam man opens them to ridicule.
You want to estalish 'truth,' you use a model that has been tested, reproduced, peer reviewed, and found a reliable method among the consensus of the scientific community.

But really, I'm not arguing the merits of their experiment so much as I'm clarifying the point the boss was making.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/6/06

I liked the episode, though the whole "Bones not wanting to be a mom" seems a little forced in the way it unfurled. Now Angela's reconstruction and maturation of the baby cranium was a little too convenient to wrap up the episode. The stabbing sequence was the funniest bit in the episode.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
I hadn't realized that Bones had started the new season. I really got into it last season especially since I've purchased a PVR through Star Choice. Great series. Looking foward to this season. I have to stop watching those baseball games.;)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
And once again, it seems Boreanaz' influence on the casting is still felt. Season 1's long list of guest stars was no coincidence, and I doubt this season will be any different.

Anyone also watching 'Justice' after this?
It's pretty jarring to have such a shift in tone and pace from one show to the other. Bones is a 'feel good', calm, at times wholesome (as evidenced by this episode's ending) show, while Justice is fast, furious and even a little dirty...what a great night of TV!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/13/06

Bones' past affects her handling of the case to an extent (being a foster child herself), and tension mounts between the new chief and the rest of Bones' crew, but they came to a decent compromise.

Bones' naivete was hilarious when she tried to "buy" some info on the street, and simply got ripped off. Sometimes they write Bones far too naive for a bright person who appears to also be able to function in the real world (and not just in the lab).

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
A pretty good episode. I love any episode that has more Angela in it.

I loved her new nickname for Hodges. Haji. Reminded me of Jonny Quest.

What is with the look Bones gave when Angela said it? Did she just not get the name reference, or is she wondering about if they have hooked up?

Never touch Bones with your "creepy serial killer hands". LOL

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show's 8 p.m. timeslot probably works against it because it can get really dark in terms of storyline.

"Hodgey" is more likely the way Angela was addressing Hodges, and it's an escalation in the way they relate to one another, which prompted Bones' look at such a development between them. Zach has a different hairstyle, but he's still a geek. Seely's learning how to deal with the new boss.

I don't really like the actor playing the serial killer in prison, just too much of a dramatic light-weight, but story-wise, Bones has to confront the aftermath of taking another life, not just subdueing a would-be assailant with her self-defense moves.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Wow, last night's episode really turned up the gross factor. I will never eat soup again. For the first time in my life, I actually thought to myself that it was a little too much.

It makes you wonder how they can get away with showing this. This is fine, but let one sagging nipple get shown for .1 second, and the world comes to an end. I would rather see a boob, than a tub full of man soup.

Am I the only one that hopes Bones and Booth don't hook up? I think it would spoil the chemistry of the show.

I have finally come to a opinion on Cam. I don't like her. She doesn't seem to fit. She should either be a full antagonist for the show, or get more likable. She is trying to be both and it isn't working for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks