What's new

Bones Season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally got this episode, and the personal stuf overshadowed the gross case at hand, but the tempo was pretty good. Bones so wants Seely, she practically threw herself at him at the end of the episode, so when she finds out that Seely and Cam had a bootycall, I foresee some personal animosity to creep up again. Hodgey and Angela are cute together, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Nice Helfrek-Angel reunion in the episode (though I don't think they ever shared a scene together back then).

Those young girls pageants are a bit disturbing at times. "Little Miss Sunshine" really nailed such a vibe. This episode was more about pushing through the flirting between Hodgy and Angela, and setting up more between Seely and Bones, while keeping Cam in the booty call area code.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Another Angel touch... the name of the hotel where the Little Miss Patriot pageant was taking place: The Hyperion. :D

With David Boreanaz's distate of Angel, I wonder what he thinks of these repeated mentions of the show?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know he disliked Angel. I did think after playing him on Buffy, then doing years of his own show, he was ready to move on and be known for something other than a character on a cancelled show.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Apparently it's not a secret that David Boreanaz is tired of Angel. When asked by Michael Ausiello of TV Guide, whether he was up for an Angel reunion movie, should one ever occur, he was visibly upset by the question.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
why would he be mad at the series that made him? biting the hand that fed him?

aaanyway. i hope it doesn't get 2soapy, i like the bones-scientific stuff =). you learn a lot about human body and how they solve crimes. imho, i like this aspect of this show much better than CSI's.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member

When I mentioned the seemingly endless list of ANGEL/Buffy actors and coincidences appearing on Bones, people were annoyed by that. Did people suddenly get over it...what gives?

Calling ANGEL 'a cancelled show' makes it sound like it was just some average show no one cared about and therefore Boreanaz would seem to be embarrassed by it...he's just looking forward, and ANGEL is in his past. Not all actors playing iconic characters are as comfortable with the lifelong connection to that one role. Who knows, maybe Kelsey Grammer will grow to resent the 'Frasier' association if that's all people will ever think of him as and nothing more no matter what else he does - X Men for example.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Two things: First, I imagine that an actor who played basically one role for eight years would be worried about being solely identified with that character, especially while throwing himself into a new job. Second, one thing I've inferred is that as much as he liked doing Buffy and Angel, he's given more room to contribute on Bones - if he wants to improvise a line, or a gesture, or say that this is how he sees Seeley Booth, the producers will listen as opposed to telling him to just do what's on the page.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
is he already producing on bones? it almost looks like he's got a big influence on the show.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Angel was cancelled. I'm unequipped to deal with whatever history would lead one to interpret that statement as anything other than it... was... cancelled.

Anyway, I don't think David Boreanaz is unique in being disappointed (and maybe even occasionally exasperated) when he's trying to present new art and all anybody wants to talk about is old art. For an artist, that can effectively be creative death. If he refuses to play that game, more power to him.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I think it's more the case that the cast on Whedon's shows had an unusually small influence. It's normal for there to be some back-and-forth between the cast and crew about how they see the characters, or the actors to have some room to play with their dialog, but the impression I get is that on Buffy and Angel, it was just "say what we wrote the way we wrote it". Which, obviously, those shows are good enough to get away with, but it might be frustrating for an actor after a while.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I could see how working on Angel/Buffy would be like working on any of the recent Star Trek series where it took almost an act of congress (all the way to the exec producers of the shows) to change any of the dialogue, and the actors were never to improvise their scenes.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

And again, while I can understand some of the frustration an actor may have, it was this attitude that paved the way for BtVS tv show, and thereby, Angel. It's well reported that the movie version of Buffy was "reenvisioned" by the director, and that Donald Sutherland did a lot of improvisation, much to the chagrin of Whedon - and I don't blame him. Here was a carefully crafted story and an actor, as well-respected as he was, completely changes his character without regard to whether it benefits the story. I know that I would have a hard time allowing someone to alter something that I've put a lot of time and love into, especially if they don't share the same vision that I do.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
anyone watch the latest bones episode? that was the BEST hour of Bones EVER! it is also the first episode that elevates Bones from mediocrity.

performances from everyone was really top notch, especially hodgins. this ep really let these characters grow and stretch.

if they keep going on about gravedigger, it's also the first ep where they didn't catch the assailant and perhaps it's a new direction they are heading out? more "mythology" episode instead of killer of the week?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Definitely one of the best hours of Bones yet, very gripping episode. The cast has gelled very well in 1.5 seasons.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've been thinking a lot about who the gravedigger is.

I am certain it's
the journalist, who helped the author with information about the killer. She knows more than anyone else, and the author is too obvious a choice. She also knew how far the squints were on the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks