What's new

Bones Season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

But if you missed it, you can always watch CSI tonight, which has a new episode about - aliens. ;)

Regards,

Joe

P.S.

Did any B5 fans recognize Andrea Thompson ("Talia Winters") as the "civilian-equivalent-of-an-Air Force-general"/pain-in-the-ass? I think this may have been her first dramatic acting role since she left NYPD Blue to pursue a career in journalism.

Curious that they had to use a fictional "National Space Agency". I guess NASA is so concerned with its image that it won't allow its logo to be used in even a fictional story about misbehaviour by some of its staff. (Or maybe they were pissed about the astronaut-UFO sightings stuff. :))

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
thanks joe, i KNEW she looked familiar just 2lazy to read or lookup her on internet =).

she's STILL hawt after all these years :D time has been good2her.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Same for L&O CI, who 'ripped from the headlines' the nutty 'naut in love story this week.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
So what? No love for the return of Bones's dad? Angela's dad? The almost wedding? The fist fight? The kick to the 'nads? Emily in that dress? C'mon, guys. I can't be the only one who watched this last night. :D

Regards,

Joe

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I like the series a lot. This last episode wasn't my favorite tho. The investigation seems like it was just filler. Like they sped through that to get to the season ending stuff.

So is the nerd (sorry, cant think of his name) going to go to Iraq? That seems way out of character to me. Although it looked like Booth actually respected him for the first time ever.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Zack Addy. I don't think the Iraq thing really is out of character for him. Zack is socially inept, insecure in his masculinity and excessively analytical and intellectual. That's why he looks up to the confident Hodgins and the even more-confident Booth. He also knows he's all of those things, and he's trying, in his own geeky, self-concious and utterly humorless way, to become more normal and more manly.

Booth is the man of action, successful with women, admired by men, able to create at least sexual tension with both Cam and Temperance (which has to kill Zack.) In analyzing the differences between himself and booth, Zack typically gets it all wrong and convinces himself that going to Iraq will somehow make him more Booth-like. And that's reason enough for him to go, crazy as that seems.

(For anyone who happens to be a fan of both this show and Babylon 5, I offer the case of Lennier, a religious accolyte and the Minbari equivalent of a geek who had an unrequited crush on Delenn. He improbably joined the para-military intelligence organization, the Rangers, in an attempt to become more like hero John Sheridan. And impress Delenn. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I'm just trying to see how many unlikely references to other shows we can work into the various TV threads. We managed to get a running Sopranos gag going in the Gilmore Girls thread for Pete's sake. :)

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Oddly enough, I don't really own any B5 paraphenalia, apart from the DVDs themselves, some books and the scriptbooks. No models, no action figures, no Ranger pins. I do have a couple of the original TNT posters for the TV movies, and a folder of press materials that TNT issued at their mid-season launch event the year they picked up the 5th season. Included in that were some B5 postcards and in addition to the final set from the press kit I have a few proof versions with alternate photos and/or printed on a different card stock. But no PPG replicas or Minbari fighting pikes, original scripts or Narn prosthetics. :D

Joe

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that's paraph. enough. it's like me+star wars, DVD, soundtracks but that's as far as i go, no toys, etc.

aaanyway, regarding Bones. do ya'll think ep19 will ever air? i think it's stupid ot not air it cause VT, this show deosn't have anything to do with that and the script was written far in advance anyways. this season is missing that epl.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Scott:

Thanks for putting it in terms I understand. :)

I suspect that it will air during summer reruns, IF they air reruns, that is. Otherwise it'll be a DVD exclusive when season 2 comes out.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Obviously true in both cases, but there still would have been a serious "ick" factor in running a show about murdered college kids the same week a bunch of college kids were murdered. There is nothing stupid about avoiding bad taste or offending viewers who might think that storyline inappropriate for that precise time. Nor could they sandwich it in later, because they only had "X" number of shows before the end of the season and it would have messed up the continuity.

I think Nicholas is right and that it will air over the summer - either as part of a regular rerun block or as a fill-in for a show or episode that gets yanked for other reasons. :) They could even air it next season to replace whichever new show the network axes first. ;)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I finally got around to watching this episode from last week, and now I find out it's the season finale (after Fox punted the episode similar to the VT tragedy). That was weird for me as the final 5 minutes winded down for the episode, and I was thinking there was one more episode, but now all of the cliffhanger stuff made some sense. Maybe Zack will run into Justin Walker (Brothers and Sisters) over in Iraq this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks