What's new

Bon Jovi ??? (1 Viewer)

I purchased the new Bon Jovi DVD "This Left Feels Right" a few days ago. Gave it a spin last night and did not know what to think. This disk was very surprising. I was expecting some good old fashion Rock & Roll. Instead it seems that Jon was somehow turned into a country crooner. I truly dislike country music and think that this disk should come with a disclaimer stating that this is not what you think you are buying. Anyone else have this DVD: If so what do you think.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I bought the SACD and would not call it country, merely acoustic versions of his hits. I believe the liner notes of the SACD indicated that they were not happy with what they did live acoustically and therefore went into the studio. I like the SACD a lot. It could have been a drop more interesting if they put one or two of the std. studio versions of songs on it too.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I listened to samples of the songs online and wasn't impressed. I still like Bon Jovi (their last release "Bounce" is pretty good), but "This Left Feels Right" doesn't feel right to me.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the DVD (2 disc version) and although not a die hard fan have always like the band - I now realise I should have checked out the CD first as the acoustic versions of their songs just dont work for me - On the live DVD Richie is just strumming and appears disinterested - Sure J-B-J has a great voice and the lyrics still shine but the whole feel is wrong IMO - A lot of bands acoustic versions like Clapton Unplugged or even the Foo Fighters DVD still keep the overall feel of the original - Bon Jovi seem to have decided to turn their rock anthems into some sort of "crooner fest" and have knocked the guts out of them - the DVD has a few bonus tracks from their show at Hyde Park "as a rock band" and that shows what they are really made of ... Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks