Bon Jovi ???

Discussion in 'Music' started by Henry Lambert, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Henry Lambert

I purchased the new Bon Jovi DVD "This Left Feels Right" a few days ago. Gave it a spin last night and did not know what to think. This disk was very surprising. I was expecting some good old fashion Rock & Roll. Instead it seems that Jon was somehow turned into a country crooner. I truly dislike country music and think that this disk should come with a disclaimer stating that this is not what you think you are buying. Anyone else have this DVD: If so what do you think.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I bought the SACD and would not call it country, merely acoustic versions of his hits. I believe the liner notes of the SACD indicated that they were not happy with what they did live acoustically and therefore went into the studio. I like the SACD a lot. It could have been a drop more interesting if they put one or two of the std. studio versions of songs on it too.

3. Greg_C_T

Greg_C_T Second Unit

I listened to samples of the songs online and wasn't impressed. I still like Bon Jovi (their last release "Bounce" is pretty good), but "This Left Feels Right" doesn't feel right to me.

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I got the SACD of this Bon Jovi title. Actually, quite enjoyable to me.

5. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

I bought the DVD (2 disc version) and although not a die hard fan have always like the band - I now realise I should have checked out the CD first as the acoustic versions of their songs just dont work for me - On the live DVD Richie is just strumming and appears disinterested - Sure J-B-J has a great voice and the lyrics still shine but the whole feel is wrong IMO - A lot of bands acoustic versions like Clapton Unplugged or even the Foo Fighters DVD still keep the overall feel of the original - Bon Jovi seem to have decided to turn their rock anthems into some sort of "crooner fest" and have knocked the guts out of them - the DVD has a few bonus tracks from their show at Hyde Park "as a rock band" and that shows what they are really made of ... Paul