What's new

Bob Shaye tells slight spoilers about 'Freddy vs. Jason' (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Newline...it is simple, and ask any mod here how big of a Friday The 13th Fan and horror fan I am and they will tell you that I mean this....

No Kane...no movie for me and a lot of others...Sounds like a wonderful way to kill off both series...and if that is your goal...you are doing it very well.

Esten

Supporting Actor
A different actor playing Jason,i can deal with... but,changing both characters.
I'd prefer Kane be in the movie,just because of longevity.
Also,did you notice the wwww.fridaythe13thfilms.com site and board is down,at the moment?
Can we say conspiracy?:crazy:

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
To all the people wanting Freddy and Jason to go away Newline's decsion to make Jason a down on his luck persona may just do it.:frowning:
No Kane Holder as Jason is like no Robert Englund(sp) as Freddy:angry:
I was going to see this but not now.
Chris

Esten

Supporting Actor
No Kane in the movie:
http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp...8&obj_id=35859
Kane Hodder has confirmed what many FRIDAY THE 13TH fans hoped he wouldn’t. Namely, the isn’t hoping to fill the role of Jason in FREDDY VS. JASON. He isn’t negotiating to fill the role. Nay, all hope is lost. He is not going to be in the film.
Hodder has played the masked murder in every FRIDAY project (the latest being this spring’s JASON X) since 1988, and when New Line Cinemas announced the official production of the oft-delayed FREDDY VS. JASON project, hope was high to finally see Hodder square off against Robert Englund’s FREDDY.
It now seems the script is the thing. According to a New Line Cinemas executive, the studio and producers were looking for someone “who can emote pain and anguish over the loss of a loved one... [we're looking for] someone with poetic eyes.. [a] sad, pathetic, PHANTOM OF THE OPERA-type character".
Shooting begins soon with Englund and Brad Renfro
Shit!They might as well recast Freddy now.Everyone and their grandma would make a good Freddy,if they were Robert Englund... but they are NOT Robert Englund,and most important of all.... i'm NOT Robert Englund.

Esten

Supporting Actor
www.darkhorizons.com is also repoting Jason Bateman,Brian Thompson and Lisa Wilcox are in negotiations.
I sincerely hope the Lisa Wilcox part is true.That would almost make up for no Kane.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Count me in as another Elm Street fan. I actually almost auditioned for a role in Pt. 3 Dream Warriors. Back in the day, I couldn't get enough of the series.

I saw a couple of the Friday the 13th flicks. Nothing really tripped my trigger there. I hate movies that are always in the dark.

Freddy's gonna slice Jason a new @sshowl!

Any talk of the old Nancy coming back? Heather Langenkamp coming back in Dream Warriors was awesome!

Esten

Supporting Actor
Any talk of the old Nancy coming back? Heather Langenkamp coming back in Dream Warriors was awesome!
.Actually,i always preferred Alice over Nancy.She was just more relatable to me.

Per people that read the script,it has NO returning characters.

Though,Goyer is doing a "Polish",so that could change.

Esten

Supporting Actor
MTV.com Article:SPOILERS!

Kelly Rowland To take on Freddy Kruger, Jason Vorhees

Horror movie fans have always figured Freddy and Jason were destined to meet. But could they have guessed that Destiny's Child would be part of the picture?

Kelly Rowland said she starts shooting scenes for "Freddy vs. Jason" this fall, as one of the female leads.

"I remember being on the set with Beyoncé on 'Austin Powers' and when she did 'Carmen,' " Rowland said Tuesday on another set — that of Nelly's video for "Dilemma." "She was like, 'You go act. I know you can do it.' She always thought I had personality. I did a couple of TV spots and now that I'm doing a movie, I'm really excited."

Equally excited that Rowland's onboard is Robert Englund, the actor who played dream stalker Freddy Krueger in all seven "Nightmare on Elm Street" films and in a syndicated TV series as well. Johnny Depp, Patricia Arquette ("Little Nicky") and Laurence Fishburne ("The Matrix") all made early career appearances in "Nightmare" films, and if Englund had his way, Rowland wouldn't be the only singer to get a helping hand from Freddy's bladed glove.

"I thought there'd be a great role for Pink," the 53-year-old actor said. "I think this is just me talking about an idea I had. I don't think that was anything that anybody ever acted on. But there is a role that seems like it was almost written for her."

"Freddy vs. Jason" was certainly written with Englund in mind. The idea to pit the two unstoppable killers against each other has been kicking around for a long time. Nine years ago, "Jason Goes to Hell" hinted at the possibility in its closing moments, and now, several scripts later, director Ronny Yu ("Bride of Chucky") is ready to start shooting in Vancouver.

"I'm expecting Federal Express at any moment to come to my house and throw a new [slightly modified script] hot off the presses down," Englund said. "But my [current] script dates back to July and boy, it's a good script. It has the one thing that I felt it had to have — we have to get into Jason's nightmares. Whatever's going on, whatever remains of his synapse and psyche, we have to get into that. And they really exploit that in this. There's also a wonderful set piece at a rave that's just an amazing, amazing sequence."

Freddy Krueger has been stalking teens in their dreams, as the movie mythos goes, ever since a group of parents banded together in the idyllic town of Springwood and set him ablaze for murdering their children. Jason Voorhees began his killing spree at Camp Crystal Lake in "Friday the 13th Part 2," mindlessly butchering teens there until wandering to New York and eventually into futuristic outer space in this year's "Jason X."

"The plot is really ingenious, how they bring the two together," Englund said of the upcoming marriage of the two franchises. "Freddy needs Jason. He manipulates him, and then it all starts to fray at the edge."

Freddy may need Jason, but it's unclear whether "Freddy vs. Jason" needs Kane Hodder, the actor who's played him since 1988.

"Kane is a friend of mine and it makes this difficult," Englund said. "'Cause I think of Kane as Jason. Nobody does the killing machine like Kane. The only thing I know is, they're looking at people. ... One of the things that may be in the rewrites is that there may be a sequence in a flashback, we may see Jason young. Given that, they may be forced to hire somebody younger."

"We're going to revisit the back stories of both characters," he explained. "It's a real imaginative, wonderful, E-ticket ride of exposition. On Jason, you get the exposition and you get a Jason nightmare. My only problem is that we're working on a real lake, outside, for a month of nights in Vancouver. My genitals are going to go up inside me to live — it's going to be so cold!"

Though it's got twice as much killing power as past movies in either franchise, it still wouldn't be a slasher movie without some supporting players. So far only Rowland and Brad Renfro ("Bully") have been cast, though several other actors are in talks.

"It can't be just us," Englund acknowledged. "There's a great secret that's going on in Springwood. As well as that, there's a bunch of new kids. There's a terrific comedy relief slacker in it. And Brad, ... just as an actor, I love his role, because he gets the fun of playing paranoid. Sort of the male equivalent of Angelina Jolie in 'Girl Interrupted,' this is sort of 'Nightmare Interrupted.' [He's] a neurotic and reluctant hero."

Englund points to the first, seventh, third and fourth "Nightmare" films as his favorites, and he promises a "back-to-basics" Freddy in the new film.

"The fans love the one-liners, and we got a little too crazy with them," he said. "We've really returned to core Freddy in this one. It wouldn't be Freddy if he didn't crack some jokes, and he does in 'Freddy vs. Jason,' but they're a little meaner [and] kind of politically incorrect."

Englund said they'll be "trying some new things with the makeup," and, if he has his wish, with the stunts as well.

"They might let me do some of that 'Matrix' stuff," he said. "We're not going to do 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Freddy,' [but] I'm hoping I'll at least get to do a little bit of that. I'm getting too old to get thrown up against the wall too many times."

After almost 20 years as Freddy, Englund has learned to never say never (after all, the so-called "Final Nightmare" was released in 1991). But he promises that when the time comes, he'll hang up the hat and glove.

"I don't want to embarrass myself playing this guy," he said. "I don't want to do 'Freddy vs. Geritol.' "

"Freddy vs. Jason" should hit theaters next summer.

Esten

Supporting Actor
From www.cinescape.com
FREDDY tricked into fighting JASON?
Dateline: Friday, August 23, 2002
By: CHRISTOPHER ALLAN SMITH
By: News Editor
Source: Hollywood Reporter
In its news item reporting Kelly Rowland of Destiny’s Child has joined the cast of FREDDY VS. JASON, THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER has also unearthed a bit of the plot. It’s more than Robert Englund has recently given in interviews, and nails down some buzz floating around in recent months.
The item reports Rowland’s character will be part of a group of teenagers who decide to trick Freddy Kruger and Jason Voorhees into slugging it out with one another, in hopes of destroying both teenager-killing-machines. This jibes with recent comments by Englund (who made his career playing Freddy in the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET films) revealing Freddy would be haunting Jason’s nightmares.

Esten

Supporting Actor
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/detail...dyvsjason.html
August 26, 2002... Now that we all know the search is on for a new actor to play a Jason that can better emote his inner feelings (you wouldn't believe how weird it is to actually type that sentence), we've heard from one of our sources about a casting call they went to the other day...for Freddy vs. Jason.
"Auditioned for Jason the other day, which included 5 pages of copy without a single line for Jason. The idea was that you would stand there with a video cam doing an extreme closeup of your eyes while the auditioner read the copy.
"I haven't heard back from them, so I guess I wasn't up on my 'eye acting.'
"The only spoiler info I have to offer is the scene we were given in which Jason first meets Freddy. Jason is on one of his typical killing sprees down at the lake when his dead victim begins morphing into dozens of his past victims.
"Freddy then makes his appearance with a deal for Jason - to help Freddy (just risen from the grave) carry out his revenge."
[He wishes to be called 'Blade'.]
---------------------------------------------------------
I thought of that years ago.Not a bad idea.
And another thing,i hear that Jason's the good guy,and Freddy's the bad guy.
That's the wrong way of going about it,but whatever.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Here's some more casting and plot info, courtesty of www.scifi.com:
"Lauren Lee Smith told SCI FI Wire that she would be among the stars of Freddy vs Jason when the long awaited face-off between the horror icons commences production September 8th in Vancouver, B.C. "Ronny Yu (Bride of Chucky) is going to direct it," Smith said in an interview. "I'm going to play a character named Gibb."
Smith, who portrays Emma deLauro on the syndicated TV series Mutant X, added, "Gibb is a really fun character. She's sort of a tomboy, a party girl, really crazy and out there. And she doesn't quite make it. [My scenes] are at a rave. It should be a really, really fun part. I'm really excited about it."

So who gets to kill Gibb... Freddy (Robert Englund) or the still-yet-to-be-cast Jason? "I guess you'll just have to see," Smith said, laughing. "Maybe both.
I've seen most of the Friday the 13th movies, but I've only seen the first Nightmare on Elm Street. I just could not see another one. I saw A Nightmare on Elm Street when I was about 5 years old, and I swear to God, I slept with my mom for the next 10 years. I was completely terrified, and I've not seen one of the films since then. So this should be interesting. It's going to be a crazy schedule for the next two months, but I think Mutant X is going to let me off for an episode or two to go back to Vancouver and do that."

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
That's sad news that Kane Hodder won't be in this movie. It just killed my anticipation reading everything above, especially the part about making Jason and Freddy a close physical match. I was getting mental images in my head of them making Jason look like the skinny, mortal Friday part 2 version. If that really is the case and they're planning on turning Jason into some wimpy, sympathetic tragic figure I probably won't be seeing this movie at all.

Esten

Supporting Actor
headshot01.jpg

Lauren Lee Smith.Looks like a young Melanie Griffith.

Esten

Supporting Actor
From a guy that spoke with her at the DragonCon:
One another related note, Lisa Wilcox was also at DragonCon. I asked her about the rumors she was in discussions for FvJ and she gave it to me straight. Her agent contacted New Line and told them Lisa was willing to work on the movie for scale if they flew her up to Canada to do it and put her up in a Hotel. New Line wouldn't go for it though so she will not be appearing. Considering how little the people in charge seem to care, I'll be really surprised if this movie is good. I'm still hopeful but not as optimistic as I was a month ago.
Damn.Her appearance was one of the big things i was looking forward to,aside from seeing Freddy again.
I encourage the fans to send an Email to Stokely Chaffin,an executive on Freddy vs. Jason,and tell them to put Lisa in the film.I doubt if they care,but it's worth a shot.
[email protected] is the email,and be polite,if you do.Thanks.:)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Apparently,Brad Renfro is now out of the lead role as 'Will'.They are looking to re-cast the part by monday,and continue as scheduled.According to a talent agent guy that posts on the Friday board.
They need a new male lead? Corey Feldman is free.:)
This movie should be one big nostalgia trip for the fans..... you know,the fans.... the only people who are going to care about the film,after all the mainstream hype is said and done.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Today is production start.Englund back in the Freddy makeup after 8 years.:D
We should see some publicity stills soon,and find out who's playing Jason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks