Bob Shaye tells slight spoilers about 'Freddy vs. Jason'

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Esten, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

I searched and didn't see this posted,so......
    Taken from: http://scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main..../01/12.00.film
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    New Line co-chairman Bob Shaye told SCI FI Wire that he has green-lighted a script for the long-proposed Freddy vs. Jason movie, based on characters from the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th franchises. "The basic idea is how does Freddy come back after his banishment and how does he use Jason and eventually have to vanquish him, and then how do the children of Elm Street have to get rid of everybody?" Shaye said in an interview.
    Shaye said the proposed movie makes one important reference to a tradition of both Elm Street and Friday the 13th. "It acknowledges [them] to the extent that at the end of every one of the Freddy films and at the end of every one of the Jason films, the bad guys get sent back," Shaye said. "Now, I think one of the two characters is going to try to enlist the other in concert to come back again and maybe not have to leave. That's basically what the storyline is." The new script does not specifically address events in the latest Nightmare movie, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, in which Shaye and other New Line Cinema stars appeared as themselves.
    Shaye said the new film also has a sense of humor. "It's funny in a sort of macabre, cynical way, which is what all of the Freddy scripts have been," he said. "It doesn't abuse the fan base or condescend [or say], 'We can make jokes, because this is really all bullsh-t.' It's scary, it's wry, and in fact even today one of the writers was alluding to the Renny Harlin Elm Street [Part 4], where in the waterbed scene, he said, 'How do you like this wet dream?' That's funny, but it's nasty."

----------------------------------------------------------
    Hrm,i don't know about that proposed storyline.It doesn't seem like it could work.I mean,using Jason as a pawn in Freddy's scheme somewhat?I want to see this movie badly,but i just have a feeling it'll get screwed up somehow.
    Another year,another Freddy vs. Jason rumor.

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

Very interesting. I'd like to see this project finally get off the ground. Cross-overs always interest me, and nobody seems to make them anymore.

3. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but you did see the date when it was posted, right?!?
    Or maybe I'm wrong... [​IMG]
    -Christian

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I also thought this could be an April Fool's gag, but if it is... it's not real funny. Just some Bob Shaye quotes.
    I'd love to see Freddy vs. Jason become a reality!

5. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

The good news i heard is that it will be a studio production and not a negative pickup(like Jason X was/is,and look how long that's taken to come out.).So,when the movie finishes shooting we should see it pretty soon.(After all the false starts over the years,i won't get my hopes up again.)
    As long as none of that self-referential SCREAM-type humor isn't in the movie,or stuff like it, i'll be happy.
    "Who would pay to see a movie like that?*looks into the camera*"[​IMG]
    ...And gosh-darnit.... i want to see Freddy again.[​IMG]

6. Scott Weinberg

According to www.chud.com , the director in talks right now is Ronny Yu (Bride of Chucky and the upcoming Formula 51 aka The 51st State).
    Seems like things might be moving forward here. [​IMG]

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

My brother read the script of this movie (not sure if it was the real one, an early draft, or a possible one) and said it was pretty good. I'm interested in what the movie would be like.

8. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

They have a director,but don't get excited until the last mag of film is shot.
    Oh,and when you you see Jason get his ass handed to him on the big screen.[​IMG]

9. Scott Weinberg

Fake but fun:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    Official promo poster from 97'(!)
    I also hope New Line lets Yu bring in his editor and Cinematographer.Wonder how much New Line would have to pay an award winning DP? hrm.

11. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm sure it'll be Freddy leading Jason. After all, Jason is more of a force of evil rather than a demon

12. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

"Hong Kong filmmaker Ronny Yu ("Bride of Chucky") will direct "Freddy vs Jason," the much-awaited battle between Freddy Krueger, (Robert Englund) the scissor-fingered slasher of the "Nightmare on Elm Street" films, and Jason Voorhees, (Kane Hodder) the lunatic bad boy of the "Friday the 13th" series. Written by Damian Shannon and Mark J. Swift, the duo recently adapted the comic books "Danger Girl" and "Area 52." The project will begin production September 9th in Vancouver, British Columbia."
    http://www.productionweekly.com/site.html
    We'll just have to wait and see.I've been let down wayyyyyy too many times before,with this project.

13. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

This is one I'd like to see. I've always preferred NoES to the Jason films. It'll be fun to see them combined. I wonder if this does well if we'll ever see Predator vs. Aliens.

14. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

Word has it that the movie is in the casting process.
    I'm hoping that Corey Feldman and Lisa Wilcox have,at least,a cameo role.[​IMG]

15. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

While I rarely watch these kinds of movies anymore, I have to admit that I'd probably see this one! [​IMG]
    IMO, Freddy and the Tall Man (from the Phantasm films) would make a better team. [​IMG]

16. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

"Freddy" was a clown. "Jason" should rip his head off.

17. Scott Weinberg

Hmm, I wonder if this could be the Official Freddy vs. Jason Pre-Release Discussion Thread. [​IMG]
    I came across something that may interest fans of the Jason flicks. www.CHUD.com has some snips of an interview with Friday the 13th director Sean Cunningham. Here's a few samples:
    You can see the full article at the link below:
    http://www.chud.com/news/july02/july2freddy.php3
    [​IMG]

18. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

19. Esten

Esten Supporting Actor

20. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Teen Wolf 2 , dude![​IMG]