What's new

Bob Saget has died at 65 years old! (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I can't help but think of how hard it hit him when Norm Macdonald passed not long ago. He seemed to be really affected by that loss.
Yes. And now to another viewing of Dirty Work to honor a loss for the second time in just a few months. 😢

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Totally shocked. 😭
Same. He was in the middle of a stand-up tour, and had been on stage Friday night and Saturday night, so this was obviously quite sudden. I'm guessing a stroke or a heart attack.

I was never a big "Full House" fan, but I loved "American's Funniest Home Videos" during his tenure as host, as well as his stint as Future Ted on "How I Met Your Mother".

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I can't help but think of how hard it hit him when Norm Macdonald passed not long ago. He seemed to be really affected by that loss.

Both norm and Sagat within a few months of each other. Damn.

May have to fire up “Dirty Work” later

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Same. He was in the middle of a stand-up tour, and had been on stage Friday night and Saturday night, so this was obviously quite sudden. I'm guessing a stroke or a heart attack.

I was never a big "Full House" fan, but I loved "American's Funniest Home Videos" during his tenure as host, as well as his stint as Future Ted on "How I Met Your Mother".

He was a tall dude. Tall people, I believe tend to be more susceptible to heart attacks, strokes

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Wow! 2022 is already off to a costly emotional toll for me. This certainly doesn't help. Bob will always be remembered in my mind for the stark contrast between the Full House character and practically everything he did afterwards. Talk about overcoming type casting!

RIP

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Full House was/is ok, but America's Funniest Home Videos is where I fell in love with Bob. Whenever there was a marathon of it on TBS back in the 90's I was glued to the TV for next how many hours. Bob was just a natural at making people laugh.
1641780201864.png

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Sad news. He gave us a private show in Las Vegas on one of our Home Theater Forum Meets. Warned us before he started that his stand-up act was not a "full House" type of routine. He was right. Filthy and funny!

At least he let you know what you were in for! I wouldn't want to see a show that was billed as one thing, yet turned out to be something else entirely.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
One of the reasons he stood out to me as a child was that he always wore a contagious big goofy grin. So even when he worked blue on some of his HBO specials he never came off as crude or vulgar. Unlike, say, Drew Carey, whom I thought was really funny and also had a great goofy grin on TV, but his first Showtime special was nothing but unfunny dirty jokes and F-bombs.

My favorite Bob Saget joke is, "I didnt have many friends growing up because I moved a lot. Mom made me drink a glass of prune juice every morning."

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I'm truly amazed in 20222 that anyone would want to revisit the dreck that was Full House.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks