What's new

Alex Trebek has died at 80 years old. (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, not a surprise, but sudden.

But hey, he never seemed to quit fighting, and kept going and doing his thing until the end since the article says his last taping day was October 29.

And for anyone who wants to enjoy his work, Jeopardy reruns are hard to find, but Classic Concentration and Double Dare are easily seen on YouTube or Buzzr. I think YouTube even has some of his 1991 To Tell The Truth episodes, which are obscure enough that I didn't even immediately remember he was one if the hosts of that run.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Goddamn you, 2020.

Not sure anyone ever put on a brave face publicly against a fight as unwinnable as that. All the while maintaining his sense of humor. RIP.

You think Sean Connery and Turd Ferguson will be the first ones to welcome Trebek at the Pearly Gates?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
there is an interview, where he named his possible replacement, someone younger, and funny and adored, Betty White, now that was a sense of humor.

prayers for his family, and thank you for making a brief moment of every weekday for almost 36 years of my life, a moment to sit and actually enjoy what was on, and gain some knowledge along the way

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Sad day. We will miss Alex Trebek.

Some news stations are showing his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Looking carefully, you will see, in the background, the Hollywood Warner Cinerama Theater.
Hollywood Boulevard and Wilcox.

Rest in Peace, Alex.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
2020 just keeps on giving. :(

Peace, Mr. Trebek. You will be missed!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters

Longtime J! man Alex Trebek is no longer with us-- he just passed on at 80 of cancer. He was J! for so long, that whenever his name comes up in any future conversation, the correct response (pun intended) will be, "What is Jeopardy!?".

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
In a horrible year of deaths and devastation, this one stings more than most because Trebeck was (and indeed still will be for a while) in our homes daily. He has been hosting Jeopardy since before I was born. I have watched it often, but especially since COVID hit and there has been nothing else to do, I have been watching every day. The show, and Alex, being there has been a reliable tonic in a year that has been anything but reliable. It is very strange to think that that habit soon won't be. Obviously, we all knew he was sick, but it still comes as a shock because the show has been on with new episodes since September and he has been doing his usual classy job hosting it, so I didn't think this would come quite so suddenly.

May he Rest In Peace.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Very sad news. Like many here, I grew up watching Alex and figured he had to be just about the smartest man on earth back then, yet he always had such an unassuming nature about it.

R.I.P. to yet another icon, taken too soon.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's sad despite the fact that it's not really a surprise. What a great host he was (five Emmys as Outstanding Game Show Host) and what a wonderful, interesting man, too. He will be dearly missed.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
He was the Jeopardy host for almost 40 years, I think. RIP, Alex. :huh:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: PMF

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It's a shame they never got the real Alex Trebek to host one of the SNL Celebrity Jeopardy sketches, though I think playing Alex Trebek was one of the funniest things Will Ferrell ever did. :lol:

Trebek: None of you can guess whether the HOT tea is hot or cold? Thank god Keanu Reeves...
Reeves: Is it iced tea?
Trebek: NO! Its HOT tea!!
Reeves: Well then I have no idea...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks