What's new

Bob Harris: A Voice of Reason for the Masses (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
So glad to hear the smart people are still advocating
for OAR.
As a side note, you know you spend too much time at
the HTF when you see a license plate with "RAH ---" and think,
"Oh, I wonder if that driver has seen'Vertigo'?" ;)
(Really happened...how pathetic am I?) :p)
Mark

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
This is fantastic news. I'm a huge fan of Mr. Harris' work and will look forward to reading his column. I hope someday to work in the field of film restoration myself.

The war is not over yet, and we must continue to fight!!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I always enjoy reading what Robert Harris has to say. Hopefully his words can serve to educated those who aren't in the choir. Thank you Bill for offering this possibility. Thank you Robert for all the time you take to defend the art of filmmaking, and the films themselves.

Rain: What website? I'm curious. I have a couple of guesses unfortunately.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Most of us on HTF are relatively anonymous individuals. As such, our pleas for OAR can go unheeded by the studios. But when an individual that is as well known and respected as Robert Harris joins (and leads) the cry, that is a BIG plus. I look forward to reading your articles, Mr. Harris and I thank you, Mr. Hunt for agreeing to this joint effort. We have to do something to preserve OAR, and this is a big step in that direction.

Steve K.

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
His essay/manifesto bannered at the top of this Forum is, in effect, the "war cry" of Home Theater Forum.
If it's a war, we need uniforms. Somebody design a t-shirt, quickly. Then HTF can sell them to raise money to take over the studios one at a time. This may be a long war.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Excellent news indeed. As a fan of both The Bits and Mr. Harris' work, I can't wait until the first column. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The reinforcements are here!.
Thank you Bob Harris & The Digital Bits for arranging this much needed shot in the arm. Can't wait to read the column.

Karl Englebright

Stunt Coordinator
I think the T-shirt idea is a great one! Somebody design a good "No Pan&Scam" T-shirt and I'll buy one for each person in my family!

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
I think the T-shirt idea is a great one! Somebody design a good "No Pan&Scam" T-shirt and I'll buy one for each person in my family!
Or steal the line used to promote those wide-gauge Camel cigarettes a few years ago: "wider is better".

Terry H

Second Unit
Rain I read your comments regarding that particular website and suffice it to say the site is off my bookmark list.
Name names or point me to a link. If they cannot or will not support OAR I do not need to support them... but I need to know for sure who they are.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
C'mon Rain, dish! You already posted it in another thread; why so shy all of a sudden? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks