What's new
World Wide Stereo

Blown Velodyne FSR-18 (1 Viewer)

Gecko

Auditioning
Real Name
Kamran Grasselli
[SIZE= larger]I've got a blown Velodyne FSR-18 that I would like to repair. The obvious thing that's wrong with it is the driver, which has a separated dustcap, so when you push the driver it opens up and air blows out. When you power it up it makes an ongoing squeak/clicking sound. I don't know if the amp itself is good or not, but it does power up and the light in front stays on. Is there any hope for this thing?
[/SIZE]

728x90

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Driver without a dust cap isn't blown. That will just lower the thermal power handling of the driver some.

Is the squeak/clicking sound when you are playing something or is it all of the time? You may have torn the spider on the driver and now the voice coil is out of line.

captaincasual71

Auditioning
Real Name
Amy DeBow
Gecko...

I have a Veldoyne FSR 18 that is in perfect condition....Would you be interested in it? I also have a set of Whisper Infinity Speakers...Anyone interested?

speakerex

Auditioning
Real Name
cathy
FYI, The Speaker Exchange is the only Velodyne authorized repair center in the Southeast US

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks