What's new

Blending my screen and projector to my living room (1 Viewer)

ivanng2014

Auditioning
Real Name
Ivan Ng
I am trying to build a home theatre in my tiny apartment. I can only build it in the living room (The living room has a ~45" TV. I'd like to keep my TV and make a slide down projector screen (Best if it is remote controlled) and an extremely short throw projector. However, I hate the white roller of the projector (You know the cylinder that stores the rolled screen when slide up)
mainproject.png

and the colour of the projector.
PF1000-video-bg-m.jpg

How can I make them blend in to my living room (wood themed and no round objects)
wood-texture_1083-21.jpg

?(Like this but polished) Can you guys choose the projectors and screens for me? I only need 1080p. and a decent 60 fps. I already have a 5.1 sound system.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Living in an apartment, assuming you don’t own it, you have limited options. So you can’t build a soffit to hide the screen (as it typically done).

Look for a low cabinet you could sit at the front of the room that would allow the screen to be pulled up. Alternately, a slim conference room cabinet that could hang on the wall,with doors that close to hide the screen when not in use.

The projector can be hidden in a shelving unit, or a coffee table.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I put my screen behind a rafter beam, but in an apartment you probably don't have anything like that. Why not just make a little wood box to contain it and put it up against the far wall with the screen inside?

ivanng2014

Auditioning
Real Name
Ivan Ng
Thank you for all of your answers.
Living in an apartment, assuming you don’t own it, you have limited options. So you can’t build a soffit to hide the screen (as it typically done).

Look for a low cabinet you could sit at the front of the room that would allow the screen to be pulled up. Alternately, a slim conference room cabinet that could hang on the wall,with doors that close to hide the screen when not in use.

The projector can be hidden in a shelving unit, or a coffee table.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
May I ask are there any skin or box out there for the screen? I browsed through the internet and found skins for projector screens. But there are only plain colours.

I put my screen behind a rafter beam, but in an apartment you probably don't have anything like that. Why not just make a little wood box to contain it and put it up against the far wall with the screen inside?
Thank you for your help, I think I am going to build a box then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks