What's new

Blade III (1 Viewer)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
David Goyer, who wrote Blade and its sequel, will be helming the third and final installment of the trilogy:

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=38792

Interesting news, as there was always questions surrounding who they would get for the film after Guillermo del Toro opted for Hellboy. Best of luck to Goyer, as the film's premise about Blade being the last (partially)human left on the planet after the vampires take over could be very cool.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Harry at AICN seems to be high on the move. (Not that that means much.) Apparently, Goyer directed a film last year called Zigzag, which I've never even heard of, but apparently was pretty good.

Jason

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Goyer getting the shot. He's earned it.

But I've seen ZigZag...and it's fairly uninteresting.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great news. I didn't care for the original, but Blade II kicked major ass! Can't wait for the third film.

I'm just sorry Leonor Varela won't be in this one. :frowning:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Good news. I didn't like Blade 2 upon first viewing, but it has quickly grown on me. Can't wait for this one.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I hope it turns out well. From the Blade II dvd, I got the impression that the reason I liked that movie so much, especially compared with the first movie, was more to do with Del Toro's sense of storytelling than Goyer's. Actually, while the two men seemingly got along okay, I was surprised by the number of times Del Toro slagged the script for the movie :)

George See

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to this one, Storylines aside I just really dig the style of these movies. The atmosphere, the music, the attitude it's all good stuff.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Hopefuly they will scale back the "gross out factor" a little on this as compared to Blade II.

I like Blade II a lot but could easily do w/o some of the gross out stuff.

Greg

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Interesting. I must be the only person who liked the original more than Blade II. Oh well, the third one does sound promising.
No, you aren't the only one. I have a coworker who liked the original and hated the sequel. I personally haven't seen 2 yet, but I liked the first one.

Jason

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I'm a huge fan of the original, and found the sequel lacking in several areas. Frankly, I hope Goyer doesn't include any far out CGI sequences that made Blade look like a cartoon, as they did when he first fights the vampires in his headquarters near the first of the sequel. Plus, the second film just wasn't as fun as the first. Hopefully Goyer can turn this trend around (I also hope his Batman script for Christopher Nolan turns out well).

Regrading the gore, hey, a few gruesome shots in a rated-R vampire movie isn't that far out! :)

BrianMagog

Stunt Coordinator
I liked them both. I thought the first one was outstanding, particularly the Rave scene, which was one of my favorite scenes from any comic book movie. I thought the ending, though, was the weak point of the movie.

I also liked the second one alot as well, I thought it was more consistent but the high notes weren't as high as the first one. For whatever reason, CG just doesn't bother me that much in a movie, particularly the first time through.

Can't wait for number 3.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The original was more well thought out and stylish. Blade II introduced more characters but they all died!! The Bloodpack looked very promising, epecially on Blade's side until half of them slaughtered each other. :rolleyes:That and I wish the girl of the group could actually kick ass instead of being the token chick in leather with the guns (who does nothing special with them).

Oh and I love how Blade's new human sidekick (Scud) turn out to actually be on the vampires' side but as soon as the truth is known (to the audience) Blade conveniently blows him up with a pin sized explosive that's supposed to be real, but turns out to be a fake, but then turns out to be real. :laugh: [/rant]

As for #3, how are the Vampires supposedd to survive if Blade is the last remnant of a human on earth? The article just says the vampires are at the top of the food chain, which could mean a lot of things.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Didn't like the original. It was ok, but you could tell the second had a lot more thought put into it.

Hope the third can live up to the second.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks