What's new

Black problem (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
RIght now I own a Toshiba 51H84C and an LG 7832. I'm using component video and upconverting the signal in the dvd player to 1080i. After switching from my very old dvd player to this I noticed some problems. 1. When I get the player to send out a 480p or 720p signal I notice some red bleeding, but everything looks normal on 1080i. 2. Last night I watched CSI and Any Given Sunday and I noticed something weird happening. in AGS when the WB sign pops up, then an all black screen, I can still notice a trace outline of the WB in there, just like a liter color of black. This happened throughout the shows until something moves where the black spot is. 3. I noticed that in the middle of the blacks the color changes to purple a little bit as well.
I have tuned my TV using DVE. I have it set on 1080i and Film Mode.
Any assistance would be great
Thanks

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Both problems are flaws with the Zenith/LG upconverting unit.

The white afterimage, and the color bleeding (aka y/c delay) in the lower resolutions.

That, along with right-hand side cropping (which you probably can't see - overscan), is why I am quite possibly switching over to a Denon DVD-1910 in a few months.

John S

Senior HTF Member
On the LG 1080i is the one to use, and via component video. Just a fact of this player.

On the logo stuff, of course that has nothing to do with the DVD player settings.

How was your CSI and Any Given Sunday fed to the set?
You may want to give a different connection path a try on that one.

What are your current Brightness and Contrast controls set to? These as far as the picture controlls usually have the most effect on these sort of memory type things, where something like that will linger after the video moves on.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You're stuck with 1080i and component video until LG gets a firmware fix. And it's been several months since I've heard anything, so I have no hope it will ever be fixed. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks