What's new

Bjork's Volumen II (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Just ordered on Amazon.co.uk this new R0 DVD from Bjork that came out December 2 in UK. It contains all of her videos to date, 21 in all. The official site states that one side is NTSC and the other is PAL. Works for me. Anyone's got it yet? Amazon.co.uk ships it within 1-2 weeks, so I'm a bit anxious. Anyone with the previous release of Volumen perhaps can chime in regarding the quality?

Jason_H

Second Unit
I have the first Volumen disc, it is pretty good. Some videos obviously look better than others...also, I can tell a lot of it was done on video since I do get some combing.

I ordered the Volumen+ disc which is the same thing...R0 with PAL on one side, NTSC on the other. It has all of the videos that are on on the original Volumen, and is much cheaper. This was very considerate of them, as I did not have to re-buy the first disc!

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Any feedback on this title? Is it playable on R1/NTSC equipment? Otherwise, same quality as original disc (but with extra videos)?
Thanks! :)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I'd be interested to hear about the video quality of either PAL or future releases of Bjork DVD video sets. I noticed that Volumen has quite a bit of artifacting. Dancing Bjork is one thing, but dancing pixels i can do without...

~j

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I got my DVD from Amazon.co.uk a few weeks back. It looks very good, but non-anamorphic (where applicable). Nice menus. The sound is also good, and it has all of her videos, some of which are VERY good, and directed by some talented directors. One side is indeed PAL and the other is NTSC. My disc was "defaulted" to the NTSC side :)

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Note that "Volumen Plus" (Volumen +) contains all of the videos on VolumenII that are not on Volumen. So if you already have Volumen, pick up the "plus" and you'll have all the videos on "II", but at 1/3 the price.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I also heard that some (all?) of the new tracks are mixed into DD-5.0.

But I understand they maintained the lossy DD-2.0 audio tracks for the older tracks. Why oh why don't they use PCM for two-channel music?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks