Bit confused about fp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Isaacs, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Chad Isaacs

Chad Isaacs Supporting Actor

I should be getting one(lcd or dlp) in the next few months...with luck.In most of the pictures I have seen they are sitting flat,wether it be on a shelf,stand,celing mount etc.What Confuses me is the projector is never centered with the screen,either above or below it.how does the image make it to the right spot on the screen?
    ------------------
    My dvd collection
    http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...?alias=cisaacs

2. Jon_Mx

Jon_Mx Agent

Usually the projectors are designed to give perfect Geometry when they are at about the level of 6" of the bottom of the screen. When they are ceiling mounted, they are flipped upsidedown and the image is flipped, so they give perfect geometry when they are about at the level of 6" of the top of the screen. If they are not, you get keystoning, which most projectors can electronically compensate for. See a projectors specs for specific details.

3. Luis Gabriel Gerena

Luis Gabriel Gerena Second Unit

THere is a Sony program called pjcalc or pjclac! which gives you a better graphic representation of how the image is projected and the projector's position.