What's new

Big Brother 8 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Showtime was wild last night. Dick was pretty awful. But then, the others weren't exactly angels with what they were saying amongst themselves after. Some of those comments were VERY low as well.

It is at the point where I think there are only three in the house who are, essentially "good" people. Jess, Zach, and (maybe) Jen. I don't know about Danielle, she could be okay without Dick.

Jameka wants to be seen that way, but when she was with Amber a few days ago, she was "MF" this, "F" that. I was wondering if the Christian thing is just an act. And when Amber had her anti-semitic rant, Jameka was just agreeing with her the whole time, from what I read.

I still can't stand Eric (who has the worst mouth in the house, Dick swears less) but after Dick's outburst, he isn't looking as bad. And Dustin is all over the place.

Fun season though. Can't wait until tomorrow to see tonight's Showtime show (I can't start watching it at night, or I will never go to sleep).

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine losing Dick in this house. He has really made for some good tv. It will be very quiet without him there.

I am hoping that somebody sees that Dick is just trying to seal his fate by pissing all of them off so Dani can stay in the house. I know they probably just want to wash their hands completely of Dick regardless of the game, but personally, I think it would be great if they can turn the tables on him and vote Dani out. You want to talk about setting things up right in the Donato family. She gets voted out because the rest of the house knows its the only way they can get back at Dick would probably not go very far in mending the Dick/Danielle relationship. Or maybe I am just too vindictive. :D

Besides that, getting rid of Dani makes a lot more sense strategically. Dani is a pretty good player in this game. She is very smart and I would be nervous about keeping her around. She has that "popular girl" charm it seems. For some reason girls want to be friends with her. Jen and Amber go goo goo for her and I think she can play Zach like a fiddle. I think she played her hand too early, but unlike Dick she can go somewhere in this game if she can just get by this week. Dick's game is over.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Wow. What a night. I went to Central Park last night to see my favorite band and I was jonesing to know what happened on BB. What a loser! haha
Got home after 2 last night and was glued to the show until 5. I was laughing out loud when Amber voted for Eric to stay! woooo!! Right after that, I started to scan through the SHOtoo feed...holy sheet...Dick..Jameka...Amber....what a bunch of psychos. This is great drama/tension for a voyeur.

And Jed, I agree...I hope they boot Danielle. She is the whiniest brat I've ever laid eyes on. I've turned on Dick, but give him one more week to spew some venom. And then put his old ass to the curb!

I love Jessica.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

But that side isn't playing strategically, or they would have voted out Eric. I mean, voting out Eric would have been like the rest of them voting out two people, since Kail couldn't get HOH and was powerless essentially. They are that much closer to the end, and have an extra person to vote out so they won't have to start going after each other.

Last night's feed was kind of dull though.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Those three are the only ones left that have acted civilized up to now. Jen and Jess are probably my fav's. Zack, he seems ok. Danielle is just a whinning, snobbish prude under the delusion she's better than anyone else. Eric (though he's played rudely/untrustworthy) is hard to judge because he was pretty much forced by americas votes to side with certain fractions just to do americas bidding. Hard to say how he'd come off playin by his own decisions. Jameka and Amber acted as low/disgusting as Dick on thursday nights Showtime feed. Ever since Dustin(e) won hoh he's become more and more arrogant and obnoxious. I've come to despise Dustin(e) as much as I do Dick. Actually I'd put a bat to Dustin(e)s face quick. I dread even hearing his voice now. He thinks his crap don't stink. I'd trust any houseguest this season behind my back with a knife in their hand before Dustin(e). If he'd benefit even a little he'd stab you, twist it, swirl it around then pull up.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I don't understand that assesment, Jameka and Amber weren't doing anything when Dick started in on them, as far as I could see they were only defending themselves and they were doing it in a manner that was much more civiliized than Dick. Jameka was just sitting there in the kitchen, no one had a gun to Dick's head (hehe) making him say anything to anyone.

If I were being attacked by an irrational jerk you better believe i'd defend myself by any means necessary.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Sure Dick started in on Jameka. I said "Jameka and Amber acted as low/disgusting as Dick on thursday nights Showtime feed" because they started cursing at him just as bad. Jameka even went so far as to bring Dicks mom into her comments accusing not only Danielle but also Dicks Mom of the same thing Dick was accusing Jameka of (being a hypocrite, liar). Dick would say it and Jameka would say "and your Mom and Daniel" over and over. They were taunting him as much as he taunted them. After Jameka began Amber walks in, sits next to Jameka and joins in on the bashing all the while cursing, smiling and taunting. They may not have said or done all the exact same stuff but they still sunk to his level by cursing back and bringing outsiders in it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I understand that, Daryl, but the way I took it Jameka was attempting to point out that if Dick is going to call her a hypocrit and liar for being a Christian (who he obviously thinks are all hypocrit's etc) than he'd better include them in that as well since they both practice the same faith.

She was attempting to hold a mirror up to his comments, a poor attempt perhaps but I do understand.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I saw that angle of it aswell but bringing them in on it is typical of Dick, not Jameka. Low blow. She still also stooped to his level cursing him back. Shall called him a b* a couple times and I believe a F* (heard her refered to him as a F* before).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Well even if Amber and Jameka with Dick wasn't that bad, this is probably worse than anything Dick said (Amber's anti-semitic rant from Wednesday).

As bad as Dick is, he isn't a racist.

And yes, Jameka did call Dick's mom (a minister) a b****.

What was funny about that whole tirade, later, Jameka went outside and said "He kept calling me a c*** and I don't even know what that is."

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
hey nobody mentioned anything about Dustin being a coward.

I'm not sure why anyone has a problem with Daniel I haven't seen any problem with her. Dick, while I have been on his side sometimes, I will admit has stepped over the line a few times, and did some things that are over the line. While I feel that he is pretty honest, he over reacts too much when others have done something that he doesn't like.

Zack, I have no problem with him and Kale just made some bad moves.

Now LNC I hate, not because they are liars and back stabbers, but because they are liars and back stabbers on a personal level. Will was a liar and I loved they way he played the game.

1st of the late night Crew, Eric. Now America messed him up with his votes, that's not his fault, but later he became a hypocrite and just as despicable as he claimed ED to be with his information about Amber and his plan for it.

Dustin, oh man this guy is a coward. Always shutting up when dick is around, and shouting his jabs from a distance and though partially open doors. Also, he is a backstabbing liar.

Amber, what a piece of work. First her constant crying is absolutely annoying. Secondly, she is probably the biggest back stabber and Lair of them all. She talks about them all behind there back even most of the people her alliance, except Jameka, and I sure that is coming as well.

Jameka, while christianity is not about people being perfect because they follow GOD, she used it to put herself on a level of superiority over Dick and that along with her reacting to him was an embarrassment to all Christians. To choose to follow Christ does not make one less fallible than those that are not followers.

Jessica, I have no problem with her so far, yeah she's has lied but mostly she seems very impressionable.

Jennifer- This where my logic falls apart. I can't remember what she did that made America hate her and sometimes I am not sure if she is all there. But what I do know is that I want her to win. For no other reason than she is absolutely gorgeous. Shallow? A little. I almost forgot. There is one thing that she did that put her above all the others in my however. Yes she can be self absorbed, but I was impressed about the way she at times took the high road in her confrontations with Dick.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

Ignorance is bliss.

I would love it if Jameka would just whip out her bible and just start reading outloud while Dick goes on one of his stupid tirades on honesty. Just keep reading until Dick grows tired of yapping his gums in an effort to make himself look so bad and reviled that he is the obvious choice to go home in order to save Danielle (it's a very obvious ploy), or Jameka goes to bed.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I would agree that Jen is the real area of interest in the show. She is fascinating to watch. I can't tell if she is the most self absorbed person in the world, half nuts, or the most well kept and composed person to ever live. The way she has handled Dick's abuse and her happy go lucky, oblivious to the world attitude makes for very interesting character study. I don't know if I would like her in real life, but I think she is a good person and would like to see her win. She is just very unique.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I agree 100%, Jed, the girl is an enigma wrapped in a bath towel and I love her teflon attitude. She has the perfect perspective in this game, doesn't take it too seriously and just rolls with the punches, I love that about her.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Any predictions for tonights episode? I'm guessing Dick volunteers to eat slop the rest of the season so that Eric is promised a spot in the final four.

;)

Ryan

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, I don't want to come off as sounding too uptight but is the organ music really necessary?

Wow, I think the confrontation between Dick and Jemeka after the HoH comp was worse then the one in the kitchen!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I was waiting for someone to suggest that. If they do that and he accepts that challenge, Eric is the biggest prick not only in the house but on the planet.

That's one challenge he won't accept, though, if he's at all human he won't do that to Jessica.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't think he has a choice. I'm pretty sure I heard/read somewhere that if he doesn't make a reasonable effort on every task, he's gone.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

OMG.

Than you know what, if it were me i'd leave, there's no way i'm going to purposfully hurt someone who has always been nothing but sweet and nice to me.

I betcha America chooses her, too, and furthurmore BB knows it. They are being especially cruel and nasty this year, the bastards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks