What's new

Big Brother 22-31+vs Little Brothers 20-39cs+ (1 Viewer)

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I am currently the proud owner of a 20-39cs+/Samson combo. When I bought my sub a couple of months ago I took some serious flack from my brother who is a Mirage die-hard. He kept rambling about his Mirage sub and why would you want to pay that much for a sub and have it be so big? Let me tell you that it took playing Titan A.E. one time at a little below Ref level to answer his questions. B/C of the Spot group buy I was able to get him a 25-31cs/Samson combo. I opted for the 22hrz tune for him. What a nice guy I am huh? Getting to make the decisions on what sub to get him really made this like my own purchase. ;) He received the Amp on Wednesday and the Sub yesterday. I felt like a father telling his son he can't open his gifts until Christmas. I told him that I would come over after work and help him set it up as he doesn't have a sound meter or Avia. I stopped at home to pickup the goodies filled with test DVD that would be sure to make his mouth drop. After about 10 minutes of hooking everything up and getting his Denon 3802 calibrated I popped in U-571. We went to the standard Depth Charge scene and I couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing. This thing was shaking his pictures on the wall. Next I popped in SW:TPM and it was pod race time. He kept asking me what that noise was went the pods flew by, you know that wierd bass that you don't really hear or feel with another sub. The 22-31 passed the test with no problems. By the way I have the sub calibrated to about 3db hot. New was the ultimate test! I was sure that this would be the DVD that would show the weakness of the CS version. Toy Story 2! I can tell you that there is just one word to describe my feeling "amazed"! I was amazed that this little cs 22-31 could shake the floors and rattle the glass at this magnitude. I took a reading at the sweet spot when the groud breaks apart and he was hitting about 110db's without the clipping light coming on. I was proud and jealous at the same time. Proud that the SVS had made me look good in his eyes and jealous that I couldn't remember if mine sounded that good. I quickly gathered my sound meter and told him that I had some things to do at home. Those things consisted of playing the 20-39cs+ to confirm that I still had more bass than him. I know but it's a little brother thing of always trying to out do your older brother. I popped in Titan A.E. the ice breaking scene and took some readings. 117db's at the sweet spot before the clipping light started to flicker! A smile came across my face as I realized that I was still one up on him! :D

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

That is a great story! I purchased the same package as you and received them Tuesday. I know what you mean by that sound in the pod race scene. Titan AE...117 dB's...sheez!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks