What's new

Bi-Wiring? (1 Viewer)

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I am running Paradigm Monitor 9's for front L/R and a Marantz Sr-6200 reciever. My speakers are set up to be Bi-wired, but as for now, I haven't done it. It's a bit of a hassle to pull the wires through the walls and such. My question, is it worth it? Can you hear a difference?
BTW, I am running either 12 or 14 guage zip wire. I don't remember exactly which.

Thanks,
Steve

FrankHW

Agent
In a word, no. Biwiring being of benefit doesn't make electronic sense, and is usually only promoted as a means to sell more speaker wire. You can hear a difference by bi-wiring if you *want* to hear a difference (i.e. mind over matter), but I wouldn't bother.

Biamplification is another controversy entirely. Do a search in either the Speaker or Amp/Receiver forums on biamping and you'll learn a lot.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Frank. Don't bother. Out of curiosity I tried Biwiring once. It made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Steve,

I usually tell people to try biwiring because it's a fun, easy, and cheap (assuming you're not using exotic wire) tweak. This despite the fact that you probably won't hear a difference, and if you do, it's probably in your head. It sounds like it won't be an easy tweak for you, so like the other posts, I'd recommend you pass.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks