What's new

Better pics of my theater construction (1 Viewer)

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Very nice. :) I'm jealous.

In pic 5, we see the riser up front, the screen, etc. Are the L/R speakers going in the cubbies built it to the L/R of the screen? It looks like the center channel will go under the screen right in the middle.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
In pic 5, we see the riser up front, the screen, etc. Are the L/R speakers going in the cubbies built it to the L/R of the screen? It looks like the center channel will go under the screen right in the middle.
Yep, and both subs. There will be doors that close them in (kind of a screen door with fabric rather than screen). The center channel will also be disguised in that alcove in the front in a similar way.
Todd

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Sounds good, Todd. :) Looks real good too! :)

What kind of equipment are you going to use? Equipment list?

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
What kind of equipment are you going to use? Equipment list?
RUNCO CL710 DLP Projector
Stewart Firehawk 92" Screen
Integra DTR 7.4 THX Certified Receiver
Integra DPS 8.3 THX Ultra Certified DVD player
2 ea. M&K K10 subs
4 ea. M&K K4 Tripoles (in columns)
Boston Acoustic VR940 Towers
Boston Acoustic CR2 center channel
Pioneer CLV990 Laser Disc
RCA Satelite receiver
Crestron MC2W Processor
Crestron wireless touch panel
Remote powered shades for windows
Bunches of Monster cable

Todd

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Todd:

The theater looks like it is coming along great. I really like the one sheets, Klingon batleth and the light sabers (I got a chance to see the originals. They were made from old flash photography lightbulb holders). Nice collection to add to the HT.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Todd:

Where did you pick up the sabers? Here is a picture of the originals.

I have a Kantana from Highlander and I am thinking of picking up a sword or two from LOTR.

BTW, I am sorry to read about the loss of your wife. I don't know what I would do without my wife or kids.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
Where did you pick up the sabers? Here is a picture of the originals.
Hey Parker,
Thanks for the note about my wife. Its been tough but me and the kids are getting by. The light sabers are from a company called Master Replicas. They have a whole line of stuff from Star Wars, Star Trek, soon Alien, MIB, and Predator. Here's the link www.masterreplicas.com

The sabers are absolutely fantastic. I also have a Han Solo blaster from them, a pair of Jango Fett blasters on the way, a First Contact Phaser, plus others. They are made from the originals, fully licensed and high quality. My Han Solo Blaster is made from an original Mauser- full metal. Everything comes with a display case. I'll post some pics in the next few days.
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks