What's new

Better Call Saul: Season Six (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If Jimmy and Kim hadn't done what they did then things would have played out very differently. So that is going to weigh heavily on their consciences.
Yeah, that's probably his second to last step on the road to being the Saul Goodman of Breaking Bad (with whatever ends his relationship with Kim being the final one).

I am now wondering if

suicide

Is on the table for Kim exiting
At this point, I should know better than to try to guess what's going to happen but I still think she's alive and will play a part in the flashforwards so Jimmy and now she can get some redemption for the things they've done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Watching the episode, I loved the candle flickering when Howard mentions how the truth will come out. I initially thought it was a cool way to add emphasis on the moment or dialogue but it was great to see the 'real world' reason was that it was Lalo entering the apartment.

Also, Howard's speech ripping into Jimmy and Kim was 100% accurate.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Well my theory of the pre-BB timeframe wrapping up with the first 7 and the post-BB Nebraska Gene being the entirety of the back 6 is wrong. But I’m still hoping for more than the usual amount of Gene to end the series.

As far as last night’s episode, I need some time to digest this.
VERY reminiscent of the impact of Hank’s death in BB, but maybe worse considering how much of a lovable fool Howard was.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Well my theory of the pre-BB timeframe wrapping up with the first 7 and the post-BB Nebraska Gene being the entirety of the back 6 is wrong. But I’m still hoping for more than the usual amount of Gene to end the series.
I was right there with you being wrong. :laugh: You'd think that I'd have learned after all these years that whatever I think will happen is incorrect and the writers will come up with something better than I could ever dream of.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
BCS has introduced five major characters during its run...

Chuck McGill
Nacho Varga
Howard Hamlin
Kim Wexler
Lalo Salamanca

The show is batting .600 right now. :)

- Walter.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
BCS has introduced five major characters during its run...

Chuck McGill
Nacho Varga
Howard Hamlin
Kim Wexler
Lalo Salamanca

The show is batting .600 right now. :)

- Walter.
?

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
It’s a baseball batting average analogy. .600 is 60%. I couldn’t say why they refer to batting averages in such a manner or how exactly they’re calculated when all these numbers are used, like if a batting average is .289 or whatever. Weird shit.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow! Enough said.

I do have a question as I missed something very obvious...

Lalo calls the nursing home to talk to Hector. He is placed on a long hold and then gets pissed off. He then says "Very Clever Chicken man." My first reaction was that there was an arrangement made to trace anyone that calls the nursing home and asks to talk to Hector.

But then Lalo calls back, gets put on hold again, and then is immediately is put on the phone with his uncle. Wouldn't he fear the same tracing?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Wow! Enough said.

Lalo calls the nursing home to talk to Hector. He is placed on a long hold and then gets pissed off. He then says "Very Clever Chicken man." My first reaction was that there was an arrangement made to trace anyone that calls the nursing home and asks to talk to Hector.

But then Lalo calls back, gets put on hold again, and then is immediately is put on the phone with his uncle. Wouldn't he fear the same tracing?
I took it that Fring’s people had all calls going to Hector tapped. I don’t know if it was explicitly stated in an earlier episode but it does show an audio recording of the convo played for Fring afterwards.

Also a guess on my part, but I could rewatch the scene and see if I hear anything, apparently sometimes there’s a certain sound or click that a caller can hear that gives it away that a line is being tapped, if you know what to listen for. Or perhaps Lalo figured/theorized it would be tapped on his own, and tested his theory by keeping an eye on the laundry activity after leaving the false clue to Hector, knowing Fring was listening in.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Enough said.

He was either throwing them off the trail (if he wanted there to be less people protecting the laundry) and/or wanted to test his theory that Gus had a tap on the phone. When Mike and his men almost immediately left the laundry/super lab, Lalo saw he was right about the tap.

EDIT: Yeah, he heard the noise on the phone line as they were patching him through to Hector and that's what made him think the phone was tapped.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Here I thought he was a muscle enforcer. Then I saw he was a little man...and an attorney, then it all made sense. I was mixed up by the title...silly me.

Sorry to those who are offended by my "little man" phrase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah Ron, Lalo either figured out the phone was tapped or heard soemthing to tip him off.
He hung up and after figuring out a fake idea he then called Hector back and gave him the fake out to set up whomever may have been listening in.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It’s a baseball batting average analogy. .600 is 60%. I couldn’t say why they refer to batting averages in such a manner or how exactly they’re calculated when all these numbers are used, like if a batting average is .289 or whatever. Weird shit.

I know the analogy.

😆

My “what?” Was for saying only 3/5 was a ”hit”.

I’d give it a solid 5/5.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Enough said.

My interpretation was that realizing the phone was tapped Lalo made the second call to make Gustavo show his hand - which occurred when Lalo saw Michael organizing security. I am less certain that it was originally designed to shift resources away from lower priority targets. My feeling is that his visit to Saul was inspired by the scurrying cockroach (love the visual metaphors this show produces), so Lalo modified his plans and took advantage of the security changes to accomplish that meeting.

So the question is what does Lalo want from Jimmy / Kim to accomplish his objectives against Gustavo? Clearly we see in Breaking Bad that Gustavo is operating with no fear of Lalo, so either Lalo is removed from the picture or some sort of accommodation is reached. At least those seem like the most likely outcomes.

As far as poor Howard goes; wrong place, wrong time. While Howard did not know Lalo by sight (hence the 'Who are you?) it was common knowledge in the Albuquerque legal community that Jimmy had assisted the cartel and Howard would have put two and two together. Lalo could not afford to be the subject of a manhunt while on his mission. Also, his ruthlessness demonstrated his resolve to Jimmy and Kim, should there be any doubt in their minds.

Great episode.

- Walter.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Another thought, what could be going through Kim’s head in regards to Lalo showing up. We know Jimmy doesn’t know that Lalo is alive and that Kim DOES. But Kim also knows that Mike has a security detail keeping an eye on her and Jimmy on the regular. I wonder what Kim thinks happened there and what kind of talk between her and Jimmy will have following this meet with Lalo.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks