What's new

Better Call Saul: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to remember (without consulting internet, etc.) whether we ever saw Nacho in Breaking Bad. Guess not. :)
( It has been so long since I watched Breaking Bad that I have problems sometimes recalling some of the characters that inhabit both series. )

Loved the opening prologue. I wasn't certain where / or when this took place until the finale of the episode. Nice, organic remembrance of one of the more sympathetic characters in the series (specifically the blue flowers - desert bluebells?)

Given that a fair amount of time was devoted to the question of Manuel Varga's safety, I have to assume that Hector, in light of the revelation by Nacho (which was great, BTW!) will be coming after Manuel with our man Mike interceding on Manuel's behalf.

- Walter.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great to have SAUL back. It's living up to its reputation of being one of the very best shows on television.

Very sad week, but expected.

As I have mentioned in previous season threads, I enjoy the series style of filmmaking.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Another solid episode this evening, and it featured Rhea Seehorn's television directorial debut. Lot to like in this episode including...

Mike meets Kim. I had to watch this scene a couple of times. Mike is the best.
Jimmy cosplaying Howard. Nice hair.
Best line of the night: "I can't use a pen, I have no opposable thumbs." :rolling-smiley:

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode definitely was more of a set-up episode, particularly in terms of Saul's new clientele and changes in office space. Not really surprising that it would be a bit low key after the drama of last week's episode.

The cone was pretty good improvisation, but in retrospect he could have had Huell "hold the spot" in a car that resembled Howard's car in terms of color. Of course, that would have eliminated the best visual joke of the episode, the falling 'Patients Only' sign.

Forgot to mention, a couple of Breaking Bad alumni made an appearance last night - Spooge and Wendy.

I noticed that Tony Dalton and Michael Mando were in the opening credits.

- Walter.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
As every new episode airs I can’t help feeling a sense of dread towards Kim’s possible outcome.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As every new episode airs I can’t help feeling a sense of dread towards Kim’s possible outcome.

Yeah, I don't see her surviving this.

On another note...

Once again, I have to give kudos for the brilliance of filming this episode...

To start with, the beginning was brilliant with the two bicyclists waving hello to everyone, commenting on the tomato red color of the house, and then finding out that they are part of something more deviant. And, I love the fact that they are introduced once again through Gus's secret entranceway.

Then, there is the matter of the parking space. How Jimmy has to deal with his cone being removed, displacing the parking sign in just enough time for Howard Hamlin to arrive, and then seeing it fall over after he drives off.

Finally, another interesting shot where we see a shot behind him fidgeting several times leaving the viewer scratching their head until it is revealed that she is sitting in a cafe meticulously adjusting her chair.

Little things like that I think are brilliantly done. I love the style of this show.

As someone has already said, another very solid week. This is still the best show to watch!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not one for conjecture because I'm almost always wrong but my guess is that Kim is going to get caught redhanded and disbarred for what they're doing to Howard and that will basically destroy their marriage and her life. Jimmy will offer to take the rap but she won't let him because she's caught either way so he'll escape in terms of the law but everyone will know that he was involved and see him as being a huge part to blame for Kim's downfall. Those things will be the final nails in the coffin of his reputation and complete his turn to being the truly lowlife Saul Goodman we see on Breaking Bad.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm not one for conjecture because I'm almost always wrong but my guess is that Kim is going to get caught redhanded and disbarred for what they're doing to Howard and that will basically destroy their marriage and her life. Jimmy will offer to take the rap but she won't let him because she's caught either way so he'll escape in terms of the law but everyone will know that he was involved and see him as being a huge part to blame for Kim's downfall. Those things will be the final nails in the coffin of his reputation and complete his turn to being the truly lowlife Saul Goodman we see on Breaking Bad.

That is a distinct possibility. The question I ask myself with regards to what becomes of Kim is this. If Kim were to die would this break Jimmy to the point that it wouldn't be reasonable for him to continue as the Saul Goodman we saw in Breaking Bad? Because if the answer is no then I think that the someone from the cartel might kill Kim as a way of punishing Jimmy and warning him to keep in line (should he start developing a conscience about his ties to that organization.) I also don't think that Kim is safe as long as Lalo is a wild card.

Of course, we might see Jean with Gene in Nebraska, but that seems unlikely. :)

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That is a distinct possibility. The question I ask myself with regards to what becomes of Kim is this. If Kim were to die would this break Jimmy to the point that it wouldn't be reasonable for him to continue as the Saul Goodman we saw in Breaking Bad? Because if the answer is no then I think that the someone from the cartel might kill Kim as a way of punishing Jimmy and warning him to keep in line (should he start developing a conscience about his ties to that organization.) I also don't think that Kim is safe as long as Lalo is a wild card.

Of course, we might see Jean with Gene in Nebraska, but that seems unlikely. :)

- Walter.
I think that the flashforwards will have Gene get some form of redemption for Jimmy and Kim will play a part in that redemption.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think that the flashforwards will have Gene get some form of redemption for Jimmy and Kim will play a part in that redemption.

This is what I’m hoping for.
I just don’t think BB and this show are that kind of show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is what I’m hoping for.
I just don’t think BB and this show are that kind of show.
I don't think the writers or audience of BB had much sympathy for Walt but in the case of BCS, I think pretty much everyone likes Jimmy and feels bad seeing him become Saul. With that in mind, I think they'll let Jimmy get a second chance of some kind or make amends with people in his past. I'd expect the idea to be similar to Jesse, who did terrible things, getting a second chance in El Camino.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Going back to last week. Spoilers ahead so don't read this if you haven't watched...

What was the plan during the Nacho exchange at the end?

They didn't know Nacho was going to kill himself. That was on him. His decision, I gather, since he was already a dead man.

But what was Mike doing out in the distance with the sniper rifle? What was that for? Was the plan to possibly save Nacho and take out everyone in opposition?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
But what was Mike doing out in the distance with the sniper rifle? What was that for? Was the plan to possibly save Nacho and take out everyone in opposition?
I assumed that in Gus' mind, Mike was there as a backup to make sure that (spoilers for last week's episode)
Nacho was definitely dead (since Gus is dead if they tortured the truth out of Nacho) if something went wrong with the plan to have Victor kill Nacho when he faked an escape. However, I think Mike was planning to kill Nacho so it was quick. Nacho killing himself made it so he went out on his terms and took that off Mike's shoulders.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode "Black and Blue" didn't feel like it advanced the ball very far. It really felt like a setup episode.

So how did Lalo know that Werner was connected to Fring?
Will Jimmy or Kim mistake Howard's investigator as someone associated with Lalo?
Most importantly what does the ominous phrase "Because you know what's coming next" portend?

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
So how did Lalo know that Werner was connected to Fring?
Lalo knows that Mike works for Gus and back at the end of S4 (when Lalo killed the guy in the Travel Wire office), he followed Mike when Mike was trying to find Werner after he escaped in an attempt to see his wife. During Werner's brief time on the run, Lalo learned about the building project when he tricked Werner into revealing some details over the phone before Mike got there.

EDIT: It's amazing how much story has come from the building of the superlab- everything with the Germans, Mike and Werner's friendship, Mike's guilt over having to kill Werner and pretty much every story involving Lalo vs. Gus is all due to the lab. I imagine that when they decided to show Gus buying the superlab, they did it because it was a necessary moment to show and it ended up setting up half of the stories for Gus and Mike in the entire series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks