What's new

Bethesda's next Fallout decloaks (1 Viewer)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I am excited for a new Fallout but I have some concerns. First, I like Fallout:NV much better than Fallout 3 because in NV, decisions mattered and affected the rest of the game unlike F3 where no matter how evil you became, the plot didn't change and everyone still interacted with you the same way. The team that brought us NV was out. The second concern I have is from the trailer. It is hard to get the feel of scrounging for old-world weapons when there is obviously very high tech running around and is giving the impression of having to fight a dictator that controls because he has all the tech (Fallout 3 all over again) rather than taming the land. As someone else's complaint against New Vegas, it looks too civilized and maybe too far after the nuclear attack.

Personally I was hoping for a Fallout where the main goal was to build a town and your decisions all throughout exploration and with local tribes affected the game and who would make the final attack to destroy your influence on the region. Are you a slave town, neutral, or is slavery illegal? Do you rule by fear or kindness?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
nOUCgs9.gif

This is my new favorite .GIF.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Chuck Anstey said:
Personally I was hoping for a Fallout where the main goal was to build a town and your decisions all throughout exploration and with local tribes affected the game and who would make the final attack to destroy your influence on the region. Are you a slave town, neutral, or is slavery illegal? Do you rule by fear or kindness?
I never see that game being made in the Fallout series. Sorry man.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Morgan Jolley said:
I never see that game being made in the Fallout series. Sorry man.
Yeah I know. New Vegas was headed towards that with picking the 'winning' faction among 4 different ones but Fallout 4 looks like it might be back to single ending no matter what you do. I realize that is a pretty big leap from a trailer but much of the trailer indicates "Forget NV, we are back home to Fallout 3".

I hope they ditched the karma and went to reputation so if you are known for killing everyone to solve a problem, people will fear you and tend to shoot first but if you are a negotiator then the respond in kind, including bad guys trying to get you to let your guard down and attack in the middle of negotiations. I just want to be able to scrounge around the wasteland for stuff to craft and the game changes based upon my choices and interactions. Come on living world of Fallout and not Skyrim with guns.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The early rumors about Fallout 4 are that it is way more of a story being told to the player, where the main character has a personality and does voice overs for events and stuff, rather than the more passive style of Fallout 3. The sort of flashbacks in the trailer (before the bombs were dropped) may actually be sequences that the player gets to play and you re-live your past life before the war. This would suggest that the main character was cryogenically frozen with his family and now you're let out of the vault, some time in the future, probably to find/save your family. Again, all rumors, but that wouldn't be too far off looking at the trailer.

But even so, we've seen so little of the game and I doubt any of it was more than "target vis" CGI, so I don't see what there is to get excited about. We already knew they were making it and that it was set in Boston so all the trailer did was confirm that.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Todd Howard just took the stage at Microsoft's E3 show today to officially announce:

Fallout 4 PC Mods Can Be Shared and Played on Xbox One For Free

Other sources are reporting that a PS4 announcement is likely to happen soon. This'll be very interesting, to say the least. They're gonna have to curate the living hell out of this. Ain't no way you'll be getting all the mods from Fallout Nexus.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Got the collectors edition pre-ordered on amazon.ca. Thumbs held it actually ships. Now to wait for Fallout Shelter to hit android. (and to finish all my PS3 games so I can play F4 when it ships in November ha ha)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well I'll be darned but it does look like I will get my option to build a settlement even if it is not part of the main story line. And every single piece of junk is actually usable in crafting. Awesome.

I'm still not sure if this is going to be Fallout 3 where the main plot is unaffected by your decisions or like FO:NV where it is. The speaker only stated "you have the ability to do what you want". Too many games claim "open world" trying to imply "living world" that adapts to your actions but all it really means is you can go wherever you like and nothing changes outside the micro interaction regardless of your choices. Still, extremely excited about this and strongly thinking of pre-ordering.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
From Bethesda's new site, Bethesda.net:

After many long years, Fallout 4 is entering its final months of development. We've put so much into it for so long; we can't believe it's almost done. The game will soon be out of our hands and into yours. There's so much there that we haven't talked about or spoiled, because we want you to discover it, to make it your own.

It's during this stage of development that we start thinking about how we'll support Fallout 4 after launch. We wanted to give you a taste of what we plan on doing.

Regular Updates

We'll be doing regular free updates to the game, and like Skyrim, these will come with not just fixes, but with new features. For Skyrim, we added things like mounted combat, Legendary Mode, kill-cams, visual enhancements, and more. We'll work with all of you to figure out what new things you'd love to see added to Fallout 4, whether they are small tweaks or new features.

Mods & Creation Kit

The most important thing in our games is the freedom you have to create your own experience, and modding is a big part of that. Like all of our previous games, we've made sure to keep Fallout 4 open and moddable at every step in development. Early next year, we'll release for free the new Creation Kit for the PC. This is the same tool we use in the studio. You'll be able to create your own mods and share them with others. We're especially excited these same mods will then be coming to Xbox One, and then to PlayStation 4.

Downloadable Content

We've always done a lot of DLC for our games. We love making them, and you always ask us for more. To reward our most loyal fans, this time we'll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all the Fallout 4 DLC we will ever do for just $30. Since we're still hard at work on the game, we don't know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year. Based on what we did for Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim, we know that it will be worth at least $40, and if we do more, you'll get it all with the Season Pass.

Thanks again to all of you! The support and excitement you've given Fallout 4 has blown us away. It's energized us even more to do everything we can in these final months to make this our best game yet. We absolutely can't wait for you to play it, and share your adventures with us and each other.

Creation Kit for all consoles officially 100% confirmed. This is gonna be interesting.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
New live-action trailer (produced by Guillermo del Toro's company):

get

...Oh, man. Can't believe it's only about three weeks away, now.

(Always found it funny that Dion loves to brag about getting around with the ladies, but had a hissy-fit when "Runaround Sue" does the same.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks