What's new

Best Wireless router? (1 Viewer)

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
My girlfriend is getting DSL in her house soon. Should I go D-Link or Linksys? I personally own the Linksys wired router and I have no issues with it. Just looking for opinions.

Real Name
Marty Troum
I have owned Linksys routers (first 802.11b then g) and used them with wireless cards on my laptop and a wireless add-on to my desktop, both with cable modem. Within 30-40 feet they've been terrific. Beyond that, the signal degrades substantially in a home environment. I've even tried the boosters and they were of little use. Hope this info is helpful.
Marty T.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i use smc and have built networks using smc for my freinds a family.

i have had no issues and consistently get strong signals over long distances even on different floors.

two things.

1. any other 2.4 ghz device will intefere with the wireless signal.

2. a change of a few inches of the wireless router can yeild much different coverage of a given area. you might have to experiment to find the best placement.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I think the best wireless router is the one at the lowest price or biggest rebate. I have all D-Link stuff that I'm very happy with.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a linksys befw11s4 wireless b router and couldnt be happier. I run to a linksys game adapter about 100 feet away for my xbox with absolutely no problems and I can take my laptop outside 200 feet away from the router and still have an almost perfect signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks