Best way to ship laserdiscs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by GaryEA, Sep 5, 2002.

1. GaryEA

GaryEA Second Unit

I did a search on the topic and I didn't find anything. I'm sure this has been brought up before, so I apologize for the extra thread. [​IMG]
    On to business; I have decided to sell a large number of my laser disc collection, but my concern is how to ship them. I'm looking for a solution that safely ships the disc(s), while not busting my wallet.
    If anyone has experience in this, I'd love to hear your solutions. If you know of a vendor that sells quality, sturdy mailers, please provide the link or email me at [email protected]
    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Regards,
    Gary

2. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    I ordered the Star Wars laserdiscs from a couple in Edmonton (the final CLV edition before the *choke* Special Editions were released). They simply used empty cardboard boxes cut to size to tightly wrap the discs. It made for a package that was so flat and stiff that you needed a steam roller to break the contents!
    And yes, Han Solo shoots first! [​IMG]

3. JohnDG

JohnDG Stunt Coordinator

I sold practically all of my LD's last year.

I used USPS Priority Mail boxes -- there is a size about 3" deep which is perfect -- and packed the LD's in popcorn to prevent movement during shipping. One box holds up to around 6-8 platters.

I sent out around 100 discs this way: no problems with any.

jdg