What's new

Best way to ship laserdiscs? (1 Viewer)

GaryEA

Second Unit
I did a search on the topic and I didn't find anything. I'm sure this has been brought up before, so I apologize for the extra thread. :)
On to business; I have decided to sell a large number of my laser disc collection, but my concern is how to ship them. I'm looking for a solution that safely ships the disc(s), while not busting my wallet.
If anyone has experience in this, I'd love to hear your solutions. If you know of a vendor that sells quality, sturdy mailers, please provide the link or email me at [email protected].
Thanks in advance for your help!
Regards,
Gary

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I ordered the Star Wars laserdiscs from a couple in Edmonton (the final CLV edition before the *choke* Special Editions were released). They simply used empty cardboard boxes cut to size to tightly wrap the discs. It made for a package that was so flat and stiff that you needed a steam roller to break the contents!
And yes, Han Solo shoots first! :D

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
I sold practically all of my LD's last year.

I used USPS Priority Mail boxes -- there is a size about 3" deep which is perfect -- and packed the LD's in popcorn to prevent movement during shipping. One box holds up to around 6-8 platters.

I sent out around 100 discs this way: no problems with any.

jdg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks