What's new

Best Sub $100 Sub? (1 Viewer)

MattStills

Auditioning
I'm looking for a sub to complete my bedroom HT (it's not very good but I'm a student and it gets the job done). I don't have much to spend so I'm looking for a sub that is

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
OK Brian your in trouble now.________________________>
What would he suggest anyway? I know! The "Mighty Little DLS" from PartsExpress. I will spare the other members of the Forum my babel-spill. It has all been said.________>

Brian, now you have to go buy one and you get to be the new point person for the DLS.;)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
:laugh: I was just trying to nudge the search engine (unless its broken....again)

I am a proud member of the SVS Club.
I can say I sold my old SA-WM40 sub to a fellow HTF'er for $80. Now that was a bargain......(and it made him the 3rd member of the HTF I have met personally) ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
$80 is a good bargain. I sold the 40 to a friend for $75. He never had experianced a sub with his set-up. Was he ever happy and impressed.

Matt Nevala

Stunt Coordinator
I think PE should give the members of this forum 10% the purchase of a DLS 10. If i never came here i wouldnt have got it, and i know a lot more ppl could say the same. ;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I really need to buy one to play with in the shop. I've only heard one once, but it was enough to know there's nothing else out there of this calibre for this little money. And since I've got a wholesale account, I can get them even cheaper! :)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I heard the KLH 10" sub at Best Buy and it sounded surprizingly good. Except there it's $140 (normally).

And those "Rave" speakers from them sound good too (sort of like a poor man's Cerwin-Vega; they even have cast aluminum woofer baskets).

www.klhaudio.com

LJ

AaronJB

Second Unit
A little above the budget, but excellent: Onkyo 110 subwoofer (149 @ Circuit City). 150-watt, downward-firing sub.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
No offense guys, but I'd be willing to bet my life that the DLS 10" sub would be better than either the KLH or Onkyo. I'm almost positive there's no way either of these have the same quality of parts or cabinetry as the DLS. I'd imagine they use cheap 1/2" or 3/4" particle board cabinets with a $5 woofer in them. After all, if they're charging you $100 or so, they're paying no more than $50, which means the manufacturer has no more than $25 in the whole sub.

Now I haven't heard either of these, but I'm just basing this on what I consider to be an educated guess.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
OK Brian we nominate you to go out and buy the KLH and the DLS and do a in-house comparison for us.;) I will side with you on the DLS of-course.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

As you can tell in a recent thread I just sold my WM40 and my DLS is due in tomorrow. Primarily I did this to better the sound musically of my system. No amount of tweaking or modding seemed to help the Sony blend in. Don't get me wrong, the Sony sounded great for movies but I think, as you and I have chatted about OPTIONS before, that the DLS seems to be a better fit in my smallish 12x13 room. Still a few weeks before my SVS order but until then I am counting on the DLS to pull me through. It will definitely hide better than the Sony in my room after the SVS arrives.

Chow

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks