What's new

Best speaker stands..... (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Should work, but that stand is awefully short for a surround. Generally you want the surround speaker placed 2-3 feet above your ear.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Are these going to be placed close to a wall?

Head to your local hardware store pick up some hollow wall anchors and drywall screws. Then there are these really easy to install shelves that use small wooden T shaped strips that you screw to the wall and the shelves just slide onto them. They have no problem supporting my 22lb JBL S26.

They have two styles. One fits in a corner and does require a bottom L piece, the other one fits anywhere and uses an L piece.

Javon_W

Agent
Yes, they are going to be placed close to the wall but the thing is that I live in an apartment and dont want to drill anything into the walls and just want to set up my speakers easily with the speakerstands.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's an off the wall suggestion. Go buy a bunch of concrete cinder blocks. Stack them until they get your speaker 2-3ft above ear level. Then buy a fabric you like and drape it over the blocks.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
:b Never even entered my mind when I typed it and took me about 4 seconds to realize what the hell you were talking about :D

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I went and bought some stackable plastic crates from an organizer store, satcked them 3 high, and put my speakers on them. It than gave me room to put magazines and other stuff in the lower crates. It cost me less than $20.

Small bookshelfs work as well.

Be creative. It doesn't have to be a speaker stand. Anything that is ~48" tall and somewhat sturdy should work, and maybe even serve several purposes at once.

RandyKudor

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Here is a link to a terrific place to purchase a wide variety of stands for very cheap!
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks