What's new

Best speaker option (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Mike
It's a health program where I get points for achieving certain goals etc. I have 11,227 points right now so would have to wait on the B1 and the TSx110. If I go with the TSi100 I would have leftover points that I could put toward the center speaker (CS10 - 5,988 points; CS20 - 8,982 points). Unfortunately I can only use points....can't make up the difference with regular money.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How long does it(or will it) take to create 6500-ish points? (the difference to the PSB)

Any other PSB(like the 5 or 6...although I can imagine they are way up there...if at all)?

Real Name
Mike
It would probably take 3-6 months. They also have the PSB Alpha LR1 for 14,970. My other concern is finding the floorstands for a decent price in a couple of months. I'm pretty sure the Polk TSi300 is on sale quite often at Fry's but I don't believe I've ever seen the FSB (I never even heard of them before today).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
PSB is Canadian. All Canadian speakers are good. (kinda like a British speaker...KEF, Mordaunt Short, Wharfedale. Britain has a long storied history of speaker building where the "entire industry" never experienced the "race to the bottom of craptitude" experienced by the American industry and by the default..."used to me made in the US...now made in China")

Will you "like every brand"? No.

But Fluance(new kid on the block), Totem, PSB, Paradigm(and way too many others) run the gamut of "cheap"(Fluance) to mortgage the house(Paradigm Signature).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There are very few American brands that aren't connected in "some way" to Chinese made crap.

Klipsch is part of Audiovox.
Def Tech is in the same group as Polk. The current TSX "counts" as Chinese crap.
BIC (was British, moved over here...then became an internet darling with Chinese imported speakers)
Boston Acoustics (where do I begin?)
DCM is part of I don't even remember who at the moment.
Infinity and JBL are the lost stepchildren of an "HK enamored with Revel"
HTD (I know their low line is all Chinese stuff...just don't know if at least shipped here and assembled)

There are a few that aren't part of this...but they cost more than British and Canadian...

Salk
Ohm
Zu
Pinnacle

Real Name
Mike
Thanks. I've narrowed it down to the Infinity P163 and the Polk TSi100 (based on advice from others). Any benifits between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks