What's new

Best song you've NEVER heard is..... (1 Viewer)

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
for those of us discussing the new bjork track, it is now confirmed that it will be hidden place. i'm sure that aurora will also eventually be released, but it seems that cocoon and pagan poetry are up next..
hidden place will be released on cd and dvd 6 august.
a
------------------
visit neverville

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
I would nominate "The Headmaster's Ritual" by the Smiths, not as well known as How Soon is Now(now playing on a Nissan commercial near you!), but just as great, perhaps greater.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Is it any coincidence I have never even heard of any of the songs you guys are mentioning??
biggrin.gif

How about 7th Inning Stretch by the Gin Blossoms.
tongue.gif

Actually, I will nominate Wild One (Real Wild Child) from the Pretty Woman soundtrack (can't think of the artist's name off the top of my head). It is probably more well known than I think, but none of my friends had ever heard of it before I played it for them.
------------------
screw.jpg

Mark Lee

Second Unit
It's Iggy Pop.
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
"Keeping The Sparks" by The Waxwings from the album Low To The Ground...and one of the better albums you've never heard!

Van Patton

Second Unit
That Gourds cover of Gin and Juice is amazing!!!! I have their album that Gin and Juice was on. If you haven't heard these guys sing it then you must download it NOW. First time I heard it I about broke a rib laughing so hard.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
I would say there are a couple:
"One Down Three To Go" by the Meatmen
and "Chin Chin" by Bang Wa Cherry.....I guess this could be the best song NO ONE has ever heard except for that 45 seconds in Blade....(remember the Japanese schoolgirl rappers?)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The best song I've never heard is the 27 minute version of The Beatles "Helter Skelter" which I was really disspointed wasn't on the Anthology.
If anyone has a bootleg of the different takes for Helter Skelter I'll pay $20 for a CD-R.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Untitled - Peter Himmelman (Flown This Acid World)

Somebody's Coming - Todd Snider (Songs for the Daily Planet)

Big Brown Eyes - Old 97's (Too Far to Care)

Dash 7 - Wilco (A.M.)

Super Sex - Morphine (Yes)

Are You Happy Now - Tim Easton (The Truth About Us)

Settled Down Like Rain - Jayhawks (Hollywood Town Hall)

The Devil and Miss Jones - Mike Ness (Cheating at Solitaire)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Billy Bragg, Wilco and Natalie Merchant: "Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key," on the first Mermaid Avenue album. The best song you've never heard.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well everyone has heard baba o'riley by the who, but on the jewel box 5 import cd by pearl jam, they do an incredible cover. as i am an intense Who fan, it nearly breaks my heart to say that pearl jam's cover is *weep* better than the who's. as for songs youve never heard entirely, i'll say 'up nights' by karate. great song, great album.

CJ

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I actually have a version of "Wild One" with Buddy Holly playing guitar!
I think the song "Silly Girl" by the DESCENDENTS is a great song. Actually, it's diffcult for me to pick my favorite songs from them because I like so many. If you are a fan of some of the new "Punk" bands, you owe it to yourself to check out the DESCENDENTS and ALL to see where these bands got it from. And they started in 1978!
Another good song is THE DAMNED's version of ELOISE.
A band I once helped out by playing drums when their real drummer cut his fingers off is coming out with a new album and the following is a little video I made for a song they do called "Panties". The tune is definately catchy and the video is a bunch of women kicking ass.
http://www.loveandbullets.com/Pictures/gwgd.mpg
Matt

Hunter P

Screenwriter
"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Lick the Tins. Kinda a Celtic version of the Elvis classic. Played in the closing credits of Some Kind of Wonderful and I really dig it.

"Human" by The Pretenders. Can't believe it wasn't a bigger hit.

"Ya Momma" by Pharcyde. As Comic Book Guy would say, "Best rap song ever."

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I'm having trouble deciding on a specific track from Wheat's Hope And Adams. "Don't I Hold You" and "Who's The One" are both excellent tracks.
Some of you might know "In Love" by Fear Of Pop, but for those of you who don't, prepare to die! And, yes...the singer is whom you think it is.

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
I wholeheartedly agree with "Gin and Juice' by The Gourds. A close second on that album which is titled Shinebox , is their cover of Ziggy Stardust . Awesome stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks