What's new

Best song you've NEVER heard is..... (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
De Profundis by AFTER CRYING, a Hungarian prog-rock group.
This is by far the best prog-rock song I have heard in years by an unlikely group from a part of the world you would never think of playing this well.
I have this song on a comp that was made for me and I then ordered the entire album thru Amazon.
Stunning! :)
------------------

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
"aurora" by bjork. it's the opening track to her new album, out later this year.
actually, the entire album is pretty wicked.
a
------------------
visit neverville

Mark Lee

Second Unit
"Academy Fight Song" by Mission of Burma.
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I'll throw out Sci-Fi Wasabi by Cibo Matto.
(Man, just when I thought I had fully explored the HTF I find a new forum, like this one)
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Alex, is that Bjork track the upcoming single? I saw the video on MTV last week, and it does sound wonderful. The singing lessons she took for Dancer In The Dark have brought some great subtleties to her (already strong, but often wayward) voice, as the soundtrack also showed. Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan since 'Birthday', but Selmasongs and this are the best I've ever heard her.
------------------
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case" - Thom Yorke

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
One thing - How can you tell it's one of the best songs if you've never heard it?
biggrin.gif

------------------
My Top 10 of 2000 My Top 10 of 2001

Alex Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
hallo iain,
i'm not sure if "aurora" is slated to be the single or not, but it would be a wonderful start single-wise.
i received a copy of the album a few months ago, when everything wrapped production-wise in the studio. it has been pushed back to later this year (for artwork problems or something?).
frown.gif

also, i agree with you, i've been a big fan for the longest time and think selmasongs was incredible. she just keeps getting better and better (wait until you hear more of the new one, it sounds incredibly more detailed and mature).
a
------------------
visit neverville

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I just recently got into the Small Faces and I think the song I Feel Much Better which was the flipside to The Universal, from 1968, should have been a huge hit.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
This Mortal Coil - Kangaroo.....actually all of their album "It'll End In Tears"
I am counting down the days until the new Bjork release! I haven't heard the new songs yet, guess I will have to try and find them! I agree that her singing lessons paid off big on Selmasongs, and I look forward to seeing her on tour this fall.

Tim Raffey

Stunt Coordinator
I guess my call is...
Beautiful and Natural by Hawksley Workman!! (or Don't Be Crushed, or No Sissies...) It's all great, great stuff.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I'll assume the use of "you've" refers to "you" in the plural sense -- in other words, everyone other than the one posting his or her song recommendation. 'kay? :)
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

AaronNWilson

Second Unit
Mark Lee I think the intention of the best song you've/you have never heard was to post the greatest songs which are quite possibly sleepers and therefore need to be brought to the attention of the public.
Aaron

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Song: Windfall
Artist: Son Volt
Album: Trace
Year: 1995
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Aaron --
Yeh, that's what I figured was the point -- that's why I put in my vote for MOB's "Academy Fight Song"!!
------------------
Mark K. Lee
- Tom Lehrer

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Actually, of the 104 songs on Nuggets 2, I had only heard 5 before. Now I have about 99 more great songs that I'd never heard before.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The best song you've never heard is probably Rollerkoaster by Railroad Jerk.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks