What's new

Best price on line for the Marantz 8200 (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I was about to get the Denon 4802 receiver but the price is a little bit out of my reach so I am about to pull the trigger on the Marantz SR8200. I am looking for the best possible price for the Marantz and a reliable internet-store. Any help would be appreciated.

Luis M

Second Unit
John, Thanks for responding, I was more inclined on buying a brand new piece instead of a refurb unit. I just read a review on the August Home Theater magazine issue and it rates the Marantz performance at 95 points. I have always been afraid of refurbs and I don't know what the experience of others on this forum has been buying "new-fixed" units.

JohnFF

Agent
I believe Accessories 4 Less (AC4L) is the only authorized only dealer for Marantz receivers. All others are unauthorized. Their receivers are refurbed but you do get a 1 year factory (Marantz) warranty with them. You won't get a valid Marantz warranty from an unauthorized dealer.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I think that $999 for an 8200 is friggin steal. Even if the unit is a refurb, AC4L is an authorized dealer, so if the unit is defective, they will give you a new unit just as long as you report within one year of purchasing it. i think that this is almost a no-brainer. But, if you must have a new unit, either the HK units or the Denon and Onkyo units seem like the best bet.

JohnFF

Agent
John,

Cambridge used to not sell Marantz via internet. They listed the Marantz receivers but indicated they could only sell them in the store. I called and tried to order one but they wouldn't do it.

It looks like they can now sell Marantz online. That's great news! BTW, the (listed) online price is $1,599, not $1,499.

John

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I bought a 5200 from ac4l.com and it was perfect. There was nothing wrong with the unit at all. THe next receiver I get will be the 6200 from them. I was skeptical at first too, but they were great to deal with and more importantly the receiver looked and performed like it was brand new.

Luis M

Second Unit
Looks like everybody has only positive things to say about AC4L.com. Maybe I will give it a try, The lowest price I have found for a new unit is about $1,235.00

etsoi

Grip
Hi guys, just wondering will the rebur SR8200 sounded or perform different from the band new ones? WIll it has the orginal boxes and stuffs? Or am I better off giving a new Sony STR-DA5ES? I have a around 1000 to spend on a new receive but a band new SR8200 is out of my reach. Thank you for your help guys. O by the way will the Sony RM-AV3000 better then the remote that comes with SR8200? THANK YOU!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Accessories4less mostly, if not exclusively, sells refurbished Marantz receivers. I feel buying a refurbished product is a crapshoot -- you never know what you are getting. Www.hifi.com is the only authorized dealer selling new Marantz products online.

Ferran Mazzanti

Stunt Coordinator
Why? If you get 1 year warranty from Marantz, that does not become very different from purchasing a brand new unit...
If problems arise you can always exchange it for another. perhaps you must have a little bit more of patience to test everything, but that's what we all do when we purchase a brand new unit, isn't it?
I wish i could buy an 8200 for $999 here in Spain :frowning:

ted_mpower

Auditioning
I checked 4 "unauthorized" internet sites for the 8200 but NONE of them have it in stock, they all have ETA is 2-4 weeks, but I am dubious if they ever really get it since they urged me to cancel my order. And with no warranty, it just doesnt look good..
Well I just put in an order for the refurb www.AC4L.com and will report back on the condition of everything. They are the only authorized Marantz refurb outlet and I have heard they do all upgrading to the latest firmware etc so I am hopeful. Even better if they run out of refurbs and just give me a new one :)

charles_w

Stunt Coordinator
I received my 8200 from AC4L.com about 2 weeks ago. The unit arrived double boxed and in excellent condition.There was a quality control checklist from marantz showing that it had been inspected. It sounds great and haven't found anything that doesn't work on it.

Lee

Luis M

Second Unit
{I received my 8200 from AC4L.com about 2 weeks ago. The unit arrived double boxed and in excellent condition.)

That is great news Charles, I ordered mine and I am in the waiting mode, I hope everything turns out alright for me as well. This is the first time I order a refurb and I am kind of nervous.

charles_w

Stunt Coordinator
Luis,

You shouldn't have to wait to long I believe they are in Orlando. Let us know how you like it.

Lee

DavidVTHokie

Stunt Coordinator
Doh! - just checked. No 8200's listed currently on the site. I would have picked one up myself. Keep us posted.

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
I have purchased a Marantz VC-8100 300xDVD and a MM-9000 5x150w amp from A4L, Both have worked just fine for over a year. The amp was missing it's power cord and manual which A4L ordered immediately for me. (a standard computer power cord worked until it arrived) The in stock situation varies, If you do not see an item, It may be available again in just a few days on the web page. I only paid 660.oo for the MM-9000 - prices have drifted up some, with demand ? You can check the Marantz web site they are an authorized dealer. Save your purchase confirmation E-Mail, it's your receipt. Both units were re-packed and labeled Marantz Refurbished, Manuals, But no registration cards.

Luis M

Second Unit
Charles, It's been 3 full days since AC4L.com collected my money and it showed on my order tracking page and no word from them about shipping or any tracking number which is supposed to show on the same page. Actually they collected the money only hours after I made the order but I have not been able to contact them by phone or e-mail. I did e-mail them last saturday about the Marantz being in stock and they ignored my letter. I have emailed them again today about the actual order status and to know if they actually had the unit available because when I ordered it was feature as available, after I did my order, on tuesday the product could not be found on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks