Best picture Quality?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by suckerforHD, Sep 22, 2006.

1. suckerforHD

suckerforHD Agent

I am currently running my HDMI cables through my receiver to my TV, does this disrupt my video quality at all? I am also doing the same for my Awesome Toshiba AD1. See make and model below.

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    The video signal is digital...it shouldn't degrade the image at all. There are always things which can come into play you'd never think of, though.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

It should be fine. As long as you're not seeing sparklies or getting image dropouts or anything, you're fine.

4. suckerforHD

suckerforHD Agent

Thanks! I am using decent($60ea.) optical cables for both my HD DirecTV and HDDVD player with decent($80ea.) HDMI cables for video, is this the best way to fully optimize my A/V set up? Considering my hardware and speakers.

5. Alon Goldberg

Alon Goldberg Screenwriter

Hi Kent - I hate to break the news to you, but a $5-10 HDMI cable will perform equally to a $80 HDMI cable, over reasonable cable lengths (e.g. under 15 feet). The Monster cables sold at big box stores are marked up by 1000% or more.

I would recommend purchasing in the future from www.bluejeanscable.com or www.monoprice.com, you'll save yourself a fortune!

6. suckerforHD

suckerforHD Agent

None are monster, but thanks I'll check those out.