What's new

Best picture Quality? (1 Viewer)

suckerforHD

Agent
Real Name
Kent Hall
I am currently running my HDMI cables through my receiver to my TV, does this disrupt my video quality at all? I am also doing the same for my Awesome Toshiba AD1. See make and model below.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The video signal is digital...it shouldn't degrade the image at all. There are always things which can come into play you'd never think of, though.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It should be fine. As long as you're not seeing sparklies or getting image dropouts or anything, you're fine.

suckerforHD

Agent
Real Name
Kent Hall
Thanks! I am using decent($60ea.) optical cables for both my HD DirecTV and HDDVD player with decent($80ea.) HDMI cables for video, is this the best way to fully optimize my A/V set up? Considering my hardware and speakers.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Kent - I hate to break the news to you, but a $5-10 HDMI cable will perform equally to a $80 HDMI cable, over reasonable cable lengths (e.g. under 15 feet). The Monster cables sold at big box stores are marked up by 1000% or more.

I would recommend purchasing in the future from www.bluejeanscable.com or www.monoprice.com, you'll save yourself a fortune!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks