What's new

Best DVD player (1 Viewer)

Alex Papas

Auditioning
I am buying a home that has a new Mitsu 73" Diamond series TV (WS-73909). I know that Mitsu have a top of the line DVD player, buy I'd like opinions on what members think is the best possible DVD player out there to match the capabilities of the TV.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome aboard, Alex. Are you saying the home comes equipped with a widescreen Mits RPTV?

At any rate, there are several excellent prog-scan players out there. It's a matter of the choosing one with the feature set, build quality, and format-playback options (DVD-A, SACD, etc.) that best suit your needs.

The picture quality of well-designed DVD players is startingly uniform.

(Units to think about--Sony 9000ES, Toshiba 9200, the high-end Pioneers and Panasonics, and on and on.)

Alex Papas

Auditioning
Thanks for the input guys.

To clarify...the home is new and indeed does come with a WS-73909. The Architect apparently liked it and designed the space exactly for it. This will be a part-time home for us, but I am very pleased to have such a well regarded TV in place already.

I currently have a Tosh 9100 which I love and it feeds a Sony G90 FP directly, using only Sony's DRC via a specific input board in the Sony. The picture is amazing and was calibrated by Roger Galvin, who is THE guy when it comes to Sony G90's

It's been a while since I was in the market for a DVD player so I appreciate all the advice I can get.

Jason Monette

Second Unit
I currently have the sony DVP-9000es and am more than happy with it. It is by far the best dvd player i have owned (JVC, panasonic). It has excellent build quality, it is built like a tank. I could go on and on about it, but just do a search and you will find out more than you wanted to about his dvd player.

I have yet to experience the chroma bug either, go figure. That was my main concern when I bought this used from a fellow HTF member.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks