What's new

Best Buy strikes again... (1 Viewer)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
I ordered it from bb.com on 9-24, it shipped on 9-29 & I got Fog SE on 10-3 (day before release) & no ticket. I called a csr & they sent a complaint to research. 3 days later an email from Angie at BB saying it was "while supplies last" so I called again on the 6th & told them it shipped out early & I wasn't happy with them so they sent it to research again. 3 days later another apology with no promise to make things right. I then filed a complaint with bbb.org. I got a letter from them and should get some kind of results within 30 days. I couldn't go to a B&M BB as they are about 40 miles away.

By the way, after I had opened it I went to Wal Mart the next day & it was priced lower than BB & every copy had the sticker for a movie coupon (supposedly a BB exclusive).

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Yep, I've read on other boards that they've been turning up at Wal Marts all across the country (probably more than at Best Buy). That's another reason to file with the Better Business Bureau. Not only did they promise tickets & not have them in their packages but they falsely advertised it as a BB exclusive which it most definitely is not.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
I didn't say it was a Best Buy exclusive (I don't really know what's going on in the media department, I work in HT) but was just saying that that's what usually happens with a promo disc or on/in package tickets. I have found after becoming a Best Buy employee that some of the regular Best Buy stores have employees that suck. I work at one of the few 20KA stores and I've found that in a small store management has a better grasp on what's going on in the store and the employees tend to be more knowledge because with the size of the store employees are check up on more often (how's that for a run on sentence?). Anyways, I know what you guys are talking about because I've been there and I know it sucks, but lets be honest here, it's all retail. You right, how can you expect an employee working for $6 an hour to work super hard at their job (which they are just doing solely to earn money), and sadly a lot of the employees think the same way.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's not even worth getting excited over, guys.

I saw the remake yesterday, a truly truly aweful film that fails on just about every level, it's noisy, suspensless and bombastic, I say just buy the original and don't give the remake a second thought.

Just one man's advice. :)

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
$6 and change (federal minimum wage). Actually, it's $5 and change. I was thinking of Florida where we recently upped it $1. Welcome to the world of our "booming economy" Lars & the jobs that fuel it. No chance of minimum wage increasing (or even being debated) while Republicans rule the country. Their philosophy is that it's a job killer in spite of the fact that jobs have always been added when the minimum wage is increased.

John, I saw the movie yesterday too & it did suck big time (maybe the worst remake ever) but I'm still glad I filed with the Better Business Bureau as I think I'm due credit at least in the value of the ticket.

Adam, the ad online said it was a "Best Buy Exclusive" which was the only reason I ordered it from them (in addition to Cinderella for the $5 digital coupon, which I got & Star Trek: Nemesis which gave me enough points for a RZ coupon).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hey Guys....keep the political comments
out of this forum please.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
There is a certain "community service" that I've been doing over a couple of weeks during the summer for a few years for some $8 an hour - just out of the "goodness of my heart".

I'm sure it's a good idea not to bring politics into this discussion.

But it means that I just might have to rethink a bit when I hear some Americans complaining about the price of DVDs and gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks