What's new

Best Buy strikes again... (1 Viewer)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Picked up "The Fog" remastered edition yesterday because I did not have the original. Big advertsement at Best Buy about an exclusive when you buy the DVD you get a movie ticket to see the remake. All well and fine until I get home. No ticket. Call BB and ask about the ticket. "Oh it should be in there". No it is not. "Ok, just bring it back and well replace it for one that has a ticket". Go back and no tickets in any of the cases. They call another BB about this, they do not know anything either. Call another BB, same answer. Finally they gave me my money back. Can get it cheaper online. Anyone get a ticket to see the remake in theirs?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They had the same problem at the BB in my area. By the time I was there, they had had a few returns and told me about the lack of the ticket when I looked at the disc. Some people have seen the tickets though.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...40#post2815540

In all fairness, MGM is the one who made the mistake. They needed to send BB the discs with the ticket and apparently didn't send them to all the stores. Without opening the discs, how can anyone at BB know if it's there or not.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's only $10 bucks, I would'nt imagine it getting any cheaper unless it went to $7.50. I'll post an update as to whether mine has a ticket later.

Ryan

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator

The copies of "The Fog" with the ticket have a gray and black sticker on the front claiming such, and the top spine seal would read "BEST BUY THE FOG SPECIAL EDITION". It's their own exclusive promotion, for those of you that were unaware.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Has there ever been a case of free tickets in DVD's where there wasn't a sticker on the outside saying "Free Ticket Enclosed"?

What's the point of putting it in there if you don't promote it on the outside?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Contacted BestBuy.com about the movie ticket snafu and was told to contact Sony about this. After being transferred to 3 different people at Sony I was finally told that Sony did not know anything about the movie ticket promo and to contact BestBuy.com again because they were promoting this, not Sony. Needless to say I have not heard back from BB.com. Why does this not surprise me. :rolleyes

E-mailed response from BB.com:
Thank you for your reply. When Best Buy sells a new, factory-sealed product, this is precisely how the manufacturer represented that product to us. If a customer finds the incorrect make and/or model product inside a factory-sealed package (or if all or part of a factory-sealed product is missing), Best Buy feels that the manufacturer is in a better position to address such incidents. Please contact Sony directly at 1-800-222-7669.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Contact the Better Business Bureau. You might get some compensation out of it. I got a $15 gift card for complaining about Lost not coming with the bonus DVD that they prominently advertised on the website.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
You shouldn't even have to contact the BBB. Just ask to talk to the manager at your local store and complain until he gives you a gift-certificate or discount.

Contrary to popular belief, haggling is still possible in this country.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Tried that. They acted like it was not their fault but the movie studios fault and rambled on about some other problem with other DVD promos that did not happen.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
When my ticket to The Two Towers was missing from my gift pack of FotR, I just went up to the service desk and pointed at the ad. They gave a discount on it for what the ticket was worth. No muss, no fuss...

Jason

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Lucky you. The Best Buys in my area are never in a generous frame of mind to give anything away. :angry:

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
Come on, there are limited number of promos sent to all Best Buys. If there is a Best Buy exclusive promo with the unit, it will be known by the sticker or on package attachment (be it an extra disc or what have you, just like the latest "Lost" DVD set). There is a chance that when you got there they were sold out. As someone who works at a Best Buy and has been a member of this forum for quite some time I just want everyone to remember and take a second or two and really think about who they are blaming.

BEGIN RANT.
I know Best Buy doesn't have the best rep around here (I for one was in that group) but I'm just here to let you know that not all Best Buy employees are brain dead dicks who don't know the difference between an HDTV and a TV dinner. There are some of us who take our job seriously and work hard to get customers what they need. I'm sorry if the Best Buy in your neighborhood sucks but there are good ones out there, please don't judge a whole company just based on the jack-balls who work at one store.
RANT OVER.

-Adam

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit

Kindly tell me then why ALL Best Buys in my area don't know squat about anything (from digital cameras, laptops, DVD players and HDTVs). I'm talking about the (at the very least) 20 people whom I've dealt with before.

The last incident was last month. From that moment on, I refuse to step foot at any Best Buy ever again. I'm not going to waste my valuable time to find that "diamond in a rough" salesperson. A full year's worth of experiencing stupidity at Best Buy is enough.

Adam, I'm confident that you're the exception rather than the rule at Best Buy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As if Best Buy has a monopoly on stupid, rude, or ill-informed staffs. Nearly all retail stores have that. You don't always get the best and brightest or most motivated people in the world when you pay $6 an hour.

In general, I avoid as much contact with retail clerks as possible. I'm sure they don't mind. Usually, the only time I talk to someone at Best Buy (or any store) is when I'm checking out. And I seem to be having a much better shopping experience than most people here.

For the record, the few times that I have asked someone at Best Buy a question I have always gotten a friendly response and if they didn't know about a title (though I realize that people's problems with BB service extends beyond buying or finding DVDs), they've looked it up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks