What's new

Best Buy preferred customer weekend Jan 10-13 (1 Viewer)

LloydM

Agent
Gary,
Just got back from BB. They let me use the coupon, so I got the TOS-42H82 for 1349 with 0% financing for 18 months. :)
oh yeah, whats YMMV?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I've wondered what that means too.
Got good deals today at Best Buy.
First I bought U-571 and K-Pax at $14.99 each and got the $10 Gift Card. Also used a 10% off Pref Cust Coup that I printed from here. Total for these 2 movies and the card, with tax, $28.00.
Then I went back and picked up Signs and Unbreakable on the 2 for $25 special, with tax, $26.50, minus the $10 gift card, came to $16.50.
This made the average price of those 4 movies $11.125 including tax, not too shabby.
I bought some other movies on my second trip in, (when I got Signs and Unbreakable), and I used another 10% Pref Cust Coup I had printed. They accepted it and the girl even entered it into the computer for Signs and Unbreakable, I saw her and I saw the prices drop from $12.50 to $11.25. But when she totaled it all out and started applying my gift card, the computer overrode that and listed those 2 together as a package, $12.50 each. Still I can't complain. I got the 4 movies above, plus Lethal Weapon 1-3 Directors Cut Box Set, Lethal Weapon 4 and Three Kings for a grand total of $116.02, including tax. This is an average of $12.89 per movie, including tax.
And $50 of that was a Gift Card I got at Xmas from my in-laws. :D

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Between my girlfriend getting them and my parents I have no more reason to try to get on the mailing list. Though I'll be happy to use the 10% one this weekend on Buffy Season 3 since I had to get a raincheck for it yesterday.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just keep hoping they'll keep putting them on the web and accepting the printed out coupons. :D

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well I was able to use the 10% coupon on Signs which was nice. Just went to the youngest cashier available and she scanned the coupon for everything (I also picked up some video cable for down stairs). Not a bad deal.

Chris S.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We got 10 DVD's,not surprisingly! :)
Used 4 gift cards for my five and paid $1.06 in coins for the balance! I *finally* own Seven Samurai now!!! Can't believe I waited this long! :eek:
My wife paid less than $75 for her five, two of which were really "us" titles. But she got a few Peter Jackson films, so she's happy. :)
Might go back tomorrow with the 10% off one item coupon and try to scare up some extra disc storage... :wink:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As you already know Bestbuy has a Preferred Customer Weekend coming up from 1/10 to 1/13. Apparently people are supposed to be getting these coupons in the mail. I didn`t get one though, and I have a feeling that I am not the only one. If you are one of the lucky ones, then good, go shop your hearts out this weekend! If you happen to be an unfortunate one like me, maybe this will interest you.
Here`s a "printer friendly" version of the coupon, found from Bestbuy. Print it out really nicely and make sure you have Adobe Acrobat or else you can`t read the file. COUPON
Parker

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Parker, I printed out 2 of those yesterday and used them both at Best Buy, no big problem. The first time in the store the girl asked if it was a copy. I told her no, it was printed, that BB.com had sent me an email and said I could print and use the coupon. She then went on and finished the transaction.

The second time in I got quite a bit with it, but it would not work to take 10% off the 2 for $25 Signs & Sixth Sense/Unbreakable deal. The girl took it off, and it showed $11.25 for awhile on her screen, but the computer adjusted them back to $12.50 each when she went to process my payment.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone think the 10% off coupon will be good for purchase of Hard Drives? BB has a nice deal on a 100GB HD with 8MB cache for $89.99 (after $60 of MIRs). But the sale price is $149.99, and if they allow the 10% off coupon ($15 discount), the total price after coupon/MIRs will be $74.99 before taxes. BB is within their rights not to accept it based on the wording of the eligible items listed on the coupon (see COUPON link in Parker's post above).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: the sales clerk rang up the 10% off coupon I printed out for the hard drive that I bought today, so it's going to turn out to be a better deal after all!

Steve-sas

Agent
I picked up a Panasonic RP-62S for $129 minus 10% for a total of $116. Had a $10 gift card from when I purchased Apollo 13 and Slapshot. $106 - not bad for a decent DVD player. Plus there is a coupon to get 5 free Blockbuster rentals - an all around good deal.

Rodon

Second Unit
Anyone think the 10% off coupon will be good for purchase of Hard Drives? BB has a nice deal on a 100GB HD with 8MB cache for $89.99 (after $60 of MIRs). But the sale price is $149.99, and if they allow the 10% off coupon ($15 discount), the total price after coupon/MIRs will be $74.99 before taxes. BB is within their rights not to accept it based on the wording of the eligible items listed on the coupon (see COUPON link in Parker's post above).
Patrick, I did this today at my local Best Buy on the 100gig WD Special Edition. I bought the drive today after tax for $144.11 and it printed out both the $20 and $40 mail in rebates. I used the 10% off discounts that I printed from the web and they worked just fine for me.
Great deal for me too since I saved up my Best Buy Gift Cards from Christmas and cashed them in ($150 worth). basicaly a free HD and $60 in 8-10 weeks :)
Just in time to build a Shuttle SN41G2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks